I keep on getting google security alert for my Hotmail account.

Soldato
Hi.

I keep on getting a getting google security alert for my Hotmail account. Why would this email be coming to my hotmail in box. It says that someone tried to use my password to get into hotmail account and it was blocked but how would google know my hotmail password? I have changed my hotmail password but I have had two more since I changed it. Obviously I don't want to click on the link and log in.

The email looks legit from all I have read.

edit - I have looked in my microsoft account security page and I have a fair few ProtocolIMAP unsuccessful syncs from Vietnam, Russia and Maylasia. All unsuccessful. So this email looks legit.

This is my main PC and is running 24/7 mining. I am using Claymore. Do you think it could be something to do with this? My other devices are a p9 plus phone. When I first got the email a few weeks ago I deleted Huawei email app and used Microsoft Android outlook app and changed my password, but this doesn't seem to be the problem.

I have since deleted my outlook account on windows emails. Do you think my Windows install could be compromised?

Last edited:
Soldato
If you're getting Google Security alerts then this is for your Google account and not Hotmail. Google will send these emails to your Gmail address and to whatever e-mail addresses you've set up as alternate contact/recovery addresses for your account.

Google's security page for these is: https://myaccount.google.com/notifications

If they're unsuccessful attempts to log in there isn't much you can do beyond making sure your recovery details are up to date and that you have two factor authentication enabled.

Soldato
OP
If you're getting Google Security alerts then this is for your Google account and not Hotmail. Google will send these emails to your Gmail address and to whatever e-mail addresses you've set up as alternate contact/recovery addresses for your account.

Google's security page for these is: https://myaccount.google.com/notifications

If they're unsuccessful attempts to log in there isn't much you can do beyond making sure your recovery details are up to date and that you have two factor authentication enabled.

Hi.

The thing that is confusing me is why am I not getting these to my Google email address? I am only getting them to my Hotmail address. I have also looked on my Google security page and nothing is showing as suspicious. I am stumped.

Caporegime
I just got one, but in my actual gmail account, and nothing like the above one, when id just signed in there now (havn't been in it for donkeys), just said my account had been signed into from a new windows device, and you're getting this email, to make sure it was you, which it was.

Ive never had any (or any like the above), to my recovery one though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom