I Keep seeing stars!

Associate
Don't quite know what's going on here but when I sit calmly and do nothing for about 5 minutes while staring at my monitor, I start seeing stars. It's a little bit worrying to be honest. I manage to shake myself out of it by looking at a new page.

Strangely, this never happens while I'm staring at the TV. Could it be some subliminal control trojan thingy implanted in Microsoft software by those geeks. I've heard about them and that well known phrase 'The Geek shall inherit the Earth'. Perhaps there's a connection or am I just being paranoid?

Any help appreciated.

Soldato
Strange that your seeing them if you sit still. I see stars when i stand on my hands for a long time.. but sitting still.. definitely weird.

Soldato
I get a similar thing except little dots dancing in front of my eyes occasionally when I open my eyes after being shut tight looking at the pc for too long or looknig at the sky, not sure why :/

Soldato
Dried Graze said:
Cheers mate! I checked the screen saver and it was set for 5 minutes!

I changed it to 10 minutes and sat and timed it.......what do ya know? Ten minutes after doing nothing, I see the stars again. I feel so much better now. Thanks.

;)
No problem mate, i had the same problem a while back but i kept seeing a windows flag :D .

Seriously though, it does sound strange and might be worth seeing a docter if it persists.

Mark

Associate
OP
Mark A said:
No problem mate, i had the same problem a while back but i kept seeing a windows flag :D .

Seriously though, it does sound strange and might be worth seeing a docter if it persists.

Mark

Seriously, it was a joke. I'm in a wierd mood. Apologies to anyone who was concerned for my health.

I'll get my coat :)

Associate
Its standard health and safety guff, but you really should take a break from staring at your pc every so often. The eyes relax more when looking at faraway objects. Looking at small details on a pc moniter a foot infront of you all day is exactly the eyes worst nightmare! It's probably not so bad when watching tv as you aren't sat right in front of it and you dont have to focus on tiny areas of the screen...

Back
Top Bottom