I made some things out of rubbish

Associate
I appreciate the craftsmanship of these and love Steampunk-style models. The little red, evil-eyed robot is my favourite so far. I'll definitely be interested if another batch of these appear.

Either way though, top work and inventiveness.

Associate
OP
Dog just arrived. It's just as good in the flesh (well, metal).
Definitely be interested in anything else you put up for sale...

I've bought a dog from you, thought my wife would like it. She loves the robots more so will have to get one when you're ready again

Thanks thats great news! Im glad you like them, means a lot to me.

I have a couple of dogs left.

I have 1 new little robot made and 2 more half done.

A couple of people have said about making the Android robot, so I will be making a few of these in polished and brushed finish aluminium, but that will be a few weeks, I need to have a think about how to do them :)

Associate
I don't post here anymore, but lurk quite a bit. Remember reading through your Robocain thread.

Received up my dog today (was actually delivered yesterday, but couldn't pick it up) - really, really happy with it, even better than I expected! :)

Associate
OP
Well, they certainly are popular: Those two didn't last long before they went!

Came back home now, doh :(

.......... I'll definitely be interested if another batch of these appear. Either way though, top work and inventiveness.

I've bought a dog from you, thought my wife would like it. She loves the robots more so will have to get one when you're ready again

..............Definitely be interested in anything else you put up for sale...

Amazing work, love those little robots so would definitely be interested in one of those :D

Hello people, trying to be fair to everyone here so im going to put these on a regular auction rather than a buy it now. I'll put them on ebay sunday night.

Made 3 this time:

01.JPG

Red eyes: looks a bit grumpy

02.JPG

03.JPG

Blue eyes: has a choppy thing and a chainsaw.

04.JPG

05.JPG

White eyes: Toasty flame thrower exterminator.

06.JPG

07.JPG

Associate
Very nice work!

Just a suggestion, but how about putting rubber grips on the small robots and marketing them as bedside mobile phone holders? Although from the sound of it, you're already selling as fast as you make them

Associate
OP
Android robot time!

I was planning to make this about 12cm high, but the bar and tube would have been about £40 alone! So im going for a more reasonable 8cm ish high.

Got some thick wall tube and some bar, 45mm diameter.

01.JPG

Cut and turned the body down to the right length

02.JPG

cut a shoulder into it for the gap between the head and the body.

03.JPG

onto the head, hacksawed it to size and then flatten it on the lathe

04.JPG

cut a shoulder on that so it sits inside the tube body.

05.JPG

drilled and taped the middle so I can hold the head on from the bottom.

06.JPG

Holding the head the other way round, trying to dome the head as best I can roughly

07.JPG

adding a bit of thread to hold it lower down so I can shape the whole thing, looks like a wastegate!

08.JPG

slowing the lathe down a bit and shaping it by hand, a bit dodgy but not too bad.

09.JPG

and left with something like this

10.JPG

only a rough finish on it so far, but the fit is good

11.JPG

more tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom