I need a extension lead for phone.

Soldato
I have put it on here as I can find H&G

At the moment I am changing my router for a new one - A simple job has turned nasty.
All I need is a extension lead from garage to PC -say 4m - On one end I need a plug RJ11 (small plug that looks like a small ethernet plug) - On the other end I need a standard phone cord socket to plug the filter in.
I can get any other mix of plugs and sockets but not the one I need - So can someone please point me in the right direction.
The only thing I have found with getting old is I no longer throw the toys out of the pram.
I can wait where before it was like next door kid who shouted at top of her voice out side "I want it now" :(

My master socket is in garage and I have a cord with RJ11 on each end at the moment - But I need to put a filter on the cable before I plug it in to router and filter has the old BT plug on it hence the socket for the plug cord.
I have BB only now as cancalled phone a few days ago so can't plug a phone in a abandoned socket under the desk. I have tried it but no luck If i hadn't cancelled the phone I would get 50v Dc on one leg but only showing 6v.
Does anyone know if 6v is normal for BB with no phone active.

I knew this wouldn't be straight forward -unplug and replug -No chance.

Not sure why it wouldn't go back together the way it was?

Filter into master socket, RJ11 cable from filter to modem/router.

Why won't that work?

Not sure why it wouldn't go back together the way it was?

Filter into master socket, RJ11 cable from filter to modem/router.

Why won't that work?
My thoughts exactly, makes no difference if the phone line is connected or not as your router connects to the filter

We need to know what "Broadband" you have to advise properly.

Its obvious thats its not FTTP as your using the old phone socket and filters. This leads me to believe your on either an ADSL (copper service) but could also be on a FTTC service.

Regardless of which the home setup should be no different as the Line need to be active to then have Broadband on it. Might just be your CP isnt charging you a "phone" plan.

Back
Top Bottom