I need a server

Soldato
So presumably I have to import that SQL file on my rented server either using PhpMyAdmin or whatever they use?
Correct. It'll be relatively straight-forward what ever the case.

So my android app will then connect to that server?
Yup.

So by changing the IP address in my android app it will connect to my database and then populate my listview?
If you've got a dedicated IP address then yes, you can use the IP address of your host/server.
Otherwise if it's a shared IP address then you'll need to use a (sub)domain but if the charity already has a domain then the easiest option is to create a new subdomain 'A' record within their domain's DNS options that points to your host's (app backend server/host) IP - it isn't a biggy either way.

By the way it's worth thinking about adding some form of analytics to the app and backend (especially MP3/audio data access), as it'll give you a better understanding of how the app and data is being used.

Soldato
OP
thank you so very much

By the way it's worth thinking about adding some form of analytics to the app and backend (especially MP3/audio data access), as it'll give you a better understanding of how the app and data is being used.

Thanks for the heads up however I believe when you pay google $25 they provide this service already....

google stats

on top the basic stats they also provide google integrated analytics

google integrated analytics

I hope to get to that point soon,

thanks for all your help, let you know if I have any more questions..

thank you so much

Back
Top Bottom