I need advice on my dog's health urgently!

Caporegime
OP so sorry to hear if your loss :(. I don't own a dog myself but I do understand how people can get attached to them. I have a pet bird and as much as he annoys me lol, I love him to bits and would be saddened if he passed away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Been following this thread as we have two dogs and am very sad to read that your dog has died. I remember having to put our family pet down about 10 years ago after he got a tumour in his leg, it was devastating so I feel for you OP.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
You did the old boy proud. Labs can be delicate with age with joints and their stomachs are sensitive.

I'm facing the decline of my black lab. He's 13 this year and he's slowing down rapidly. Still a happy old boy, but he can't handle a lot anymore. We did Snowdon on Saturday and that damn near killed him. Last year we did pretty much every mountain worth bothering with and he was fine. This year he's struggling. He's now officially retired but it's going to be weird not taking him on big adventures. Have a slightly younger cocker and some ratdog crossbreed also. Still, been very lucky with him, no real ailments to complain about and an amazing dog everybody loves. When I was younger we had one go to 18 and one to 15. Exceptional luck with our labs.

Sorry for your loss, it's the way it goes and you can just be proud that you gave him the best life possible. Mine are always rescues from mistreated circumstances so are always special to me simply because of the work gone in to make them a viable pet. I'll never be without a dog. Don't let it put you off in the future. there's plenty out there that need and deserve owners such as yourself.

Associate
I've very sorry for your loss. We got Hector, a black Labrador in June 2015 when he was 8 weeks old, it's our first dog. He's been a total joy to have and brings us so much happiness. Threads like this remind to truly make the most of having them around while they live such a short life compared to us.

Soldato
So sorry to hear mate. Tough one RE the vet, if he was wagging his tail etc and was active again then you cannot blame their decision.

At least he is now at peace. Looked a lovely lab.

Back
Top Bottom