I need help building my PC

Associate
Yo lads got my PC parts and i dont have a clue on how to build it. It looks IMPOSSIBLE. Note i am only 13 years old (14 next month) :D.

Can anyone help me or give me a VERY easy detailed guide please? i tried google but i cannot find anything.

P.S: If there is a rule about age on forums, i am not 13 :P

Thanks
S

I think the minimum is 13 anyway if I remember correctly.

Anyway, are those the parts in your sig? That is one hell of a nice system if so :)

I will search around to see if I can find you a guide.

If you have any questions feel free to ask us here.

Beaten me to it, that does look a lot better than the guide I was going to show you.

EDIT: And as the other two guys have said - take your time :)

It's amazing how simple it will all seem once you have it all together.

Ok thanks for the guide guys, but im not sure on how to install the PSU. My case is the Coolermaster ammo 553. Anyone had experience with this case, or does anyone know how to fit it?

Regards

S

Well there is 2 things: first is the PSU, and second is the fact that the case came with 3 different type of screws (excluding the gold obvious ones) and it doesnt say which ones for which. So how would I know which screw is for the motherboard??

Regards

S

Should go in like any normal PSU just by looking at it. Do you mean the screw holes don't line up? Have you definatley got it the right way up?

I've nearly thrown PSU's out of the window before because I thought the manufacturer had put the screw holes in the wrong place when i had it upside down :o

Sorry, I may of not made myself clear there :P, Basically, the case comes with 3 different type of screws. It doesnt say which ones are for which component. So I dont have a clue which ones are for the PSU and which one is for the mobo.

Specs are as follows :

AMD Opteron UP 146 San Diego 2.0Ghz 1MB Cache (Socket 939)
DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
G.Skill 2GB DDR HZ PC4000 (2x1GB) CAS3 Dual Channel Kit
Dual -OcUK GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)
NEC ND3550 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) - OEM
Scythe Ninja Plus Heatpipe CPU Cooler (Socket 478, 754, 939, 940, LGA755) Enermax Noisetaker 600W EG701AX-VE(W) SFMA ATX2.0 SLI Compliant PSU
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 80GB ST3808110AS SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM.

Case is :CoolerMaster Ammo 533 Aluminum (No PSU) - Silver

Regards

S

supergt said:
Sorry, I may of not made myself clear there :P, Basically, the case comes with 3 different type of screws. It doesnt say which ones are for which component. So I dont have a clue which ones are for the PSU and which one is for the mobo.

Well for the motherboard it depends on which standoffs you have got. If you get one of the standoffs and lightly try a screw in it (Start with the smaller ones) to see if it tightens okay then you have the screws for that. PSU screws are normally the thicker screws. Hard drive will use either the same screws or a slightly smaller set. Finally the optical drives and FDD will use the smallest one's you have. Basically, if they fit nicely, don't strip it, aren't too long and don't pull out then they will be fine :)

EDIT: Just seen your spec, my Enermax came with a set of screws in the box :confused: Then again, that was the Liberty range...

Basically you have a fine machined thread screw, and the coarser thread case screw. The finer threads are for optical drive mountings. The coarser ones are for case screw holes, PCI expansian slot covers, and PSU cover.

http://images.tomshardware.com/2002/09/04/building_your_own_pc/schraube_gehause.jpg

and here

http://images.tomshardware.com/2002/09/04/building_your_own_pc/schraube_laufwerk.jpg

Slide the PSU in so the PSU fan is facing the motherboaard the coarser screws. You'll also have standoffs so attach them to the correct holes adjacent to the motherboard holes (ones with metal dots) ie here where it says "made in china" Should have around 9

http://mikebabcock.ca/mypc/images/A7V600 motherboard.jpg

Back
Top Bottom