I need some help / advice

Associate
So I built a new pc the other day, 5800x, 3080, 32gb ram, 2tb m.2 ssd, I'm running windows 10, and sometimes everything slowly begins to crash, things i have open not responding, then when i click off it to another app, for example discord, that crashes and even the windows bar stops responding should I interact with it, and was wondering if anyone knows what this could be? everything seems to be running fine, temps are good and all.

When I say crashing, I mean not responding, it doesnt come up with an error and the option to close at all, and just freezes

Any help would be appreciated!

*edit* motherboard is b550-f wifi edition from rog

Last edited:
Soldato
How do you resolve the issue, Do you have to reboot the PC?

Have you checked event viewer to see if there is any issues? I would check the system and application section.

Do you another ssd you could try or port to change it too?

What model motherboard do you have?

Associate
OP
How do you resolve the issue, Do you have to reboot the PC?

Have you checked event viewer to see if there is any issues? I would check the system and application section.

Do you another ssd you could try or port to change it too?

What model motherboard do you have?

i have to shut down the pc from the power button, since I can't do it through windows

How do I check the event viewer?

No other ssd to test with (it shouldn't be that though I think?)

Motherboard is ROG b550-f wifi ed, I edited the post to show this

*edit* checked event viewer, nothing coming up that seems to be a problem, I've had this issue twice, I found both points on my event viewer ( both points were flagged as pc was "shutdown unexpectedly" by me because it was unresponsive) but there were no issues showing up around it

Last edited:
Soldato
Is there any other warnings in event viewer?

I would check the following

- Make sure your bios is up to date
- Check the M2 temps, could it be overheating?
- Check if there is any firmware updates for the ssd
- See if the manufacturer of the SSD has any health checking software and check the SSD.

Does this issue happen every time you use the PC or can it run for awhile without any issues?

Open command prompt as admin and type sfc /scannow and see if it finds any corrupt or damaged os files, you may need to run this in safe mode

Associate
OP
Is there any other warnings in event viewer?

I would check the following

- Make sure your bios is up to date
- Check the M2 temps, could it be overheating?
- Check if there is any firmware updates for the ssd
- See if the manufacturer of the SSD has any health checking software and check the SSD.

Does this issue happen every time you use the PC or can it run for awhile without any issues?

Open command prompt as admin and type sfc /scannow and see if it finds any corrupt or damaged os files, you may need to run this in safe mode
no, not like every time its just happened a few times, and it goes for a while before happening

Associate
850w and wdym by safemode? I doubt booting to that will help, a friend also advised me to re install gpu drivers

Its to check if you open the apps will freeze or not which would tell me it could be a driver issue that could be corrupted during a install.

Associate
OP
Its to check if you open the apps will freeze or not which would tell me it could be a driver issue that could be corrupted during a install.

Oh I see, well I've done a fresh install of drivers (after wiping it completely) and if it happens again i'[ll try that

Back
Top Bottom