I think i need replacement fans - ideas?

Associate
I bought a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case, came with their own brand fans, i think its 3x140mm fans, 2 on the front and 1 on the rear. Well i notice if the side of my case is off the components are SO much cooler, i have to crank the fans up to near max speed to get decent cooling. To me that stinks of a intake issue.

Does anyone know of quality fans, quiet but pulls in a lot of air?

The ones that come with the case are these:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-ph-f140sp-140mm-fan-black-white-fg-007-pt.html

Soldato
I found getting a new 140mm high AF flow fan for the rear and moving all 3 included fans to the front panel helped a bit with temps.

It seems that the dust filter chokes off the front fans somewhat so you could try running without it, or at the very least make sure you clean it regularly. If you want to replace the fans try and find some with high static pressure to overcome the dust filters. Noctua do some high RMP fans with good static pressure but i guess they will be quite loud at full speed.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3379-phanteks-evolv-x-case-review-dual-system-thermals

Soldato
Is it an Enthoo Evolv ATX or an Evolv X? The former has fairly well documented airflow issues as the front and top are too restrictive. These were improved in the Evolv X.

I'd suggest that the stock fans are good but have a low speed range. So unless noise is really bothering you, run them close to maximum speed and increase to max when hot. Beyond that I would not rule out that it's the case restricting intake, and trapping hot air in the top.

Soldato
I bought a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case, came with their own brand fans, i think its 3x140mm fans, 2 on the front and 1 on the rear. Well i notice if the side of my case is off the components are SO much cooler, i have to crank the fans up to near max speed to get decent cooling. To me that stinks of a intake issue.

Does anyone know of quality fans, quiet but pulls in a lot of air?

The ones that come with the case are these:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-ph-f140sp-140mm-fan-black-white-fg-007-pt.html
I have both Evolv and Evolv X and have no cooling problems with original fans. As stated above, Evolv X has much better airflow than Evolv, but Evolv is not bad. I do have all PCIe back slot covers removes to improve rear vent area around GPU and thus better airflow around GPU.

What components are you using?

Associate
OP
I have both Evolv and Evolv X and have no cooling problems with original fans. As stated above, Evolv X has much better airflow than Evolv, but Evolv is not bad. I do have all PCIe back slot covers removes to improve rear vent area around GPU and thus better airflow around GPU.

What components are you using?
Just the components in my signature. Its fine at idle mostly but when i load up a game i have to set my fans to full speed or the temps will steadily rise

Is it an Enthoo Evolv ATX or an Evolv X? The former has fairly well documented airflow issues as the front and top are too restrictive. These were improved in the Evolv X.

I'd suggest that the stock fans are good but have a low speed range. So unless noise is really bothering you, run them close to maximum speed and increase to max when hot. Beyond that I would not rule out that it's the case restricting intake, and trapping hot air in the top.

Its an Enthoo Evolve ATX

Soldato
Just the components in my signature. Its fine at idle mostly but when i load up a game i have to set my fans to full speed or the temps will steadily rise

Its an Enthoo Evolve ATX
So you have 2x 140mm front intakes and 1x 140 rear exhaust in it now? What is fan speed to temp curve on fan control? Have you removed the PCIe back slot covers? Doing so increases rear vent area around GPU and this usually improves front to back airflow in these cases and thus giving lower temps. I don't use any top fans in these cases because the tend to draw air up which move the heated exhaust coming off of GPU up where it mixes with cool air going to CPU cooler.

Back
Top Bottom