I thought I wanted a Octavia VRS/Scirocco R...bought an S4

Soldato
OP
Yeah its the limited edition one too (number 472), runs lovely. Slight crease in the bumper and the spoiler has faded (common fault) everything else is spotless.

Don
It's a diesel too, which is going to affect resale value in the current drive against diesels.

A quick check on Autotrader suggests they are selling for ~ £5k from a dealer, without the additional bodywork issues. I'd say £3k - £4k is a fair price for a private sale.

Associate
Agree with the above, it's a very easy £1000-£1500 to be made from going private and these days it's hardly any hassle at all. Sold all 4 cars privately and the first person to actually come and see them bought them straight away.
Heck, with a good description and plenty of photos just stick it in on eBay with no reserve and you'll be suprised. Obviously make sure the listing ends at a decent time, etc.

Associate
^this.
Also, make sure the advert is transparent / with decent pictures / includes a phone number and ends a decent time to encourage a bit of a bid war. ;)
3am Monday ending time - no good. 8-10pm on a weekend - very good. :)

Soldato
OP
So yesterday I spent 5 hours of test driving and negotiating and can say I am now the owner of an S4 (pics to follow). Very happy with my deal, I think in the end the sale man was happy to see the back of me. I don't think I've ever drove a car that puts a bigger smiler on my face.

nam

nam

Soldato
Congrats, Will be nice to hear from another S4 owner :)

So yesterday I spent 5 hours of test driving and negotiating and can say I am now the owner of an S4 (pics to follow). Very happy with my deal, I think in the end the sale man was happy to see the back of me. I don't think I've ever drove a car that puts a bigger smiler on my face.

Back
Top Bottom