I was thinking of buying a Laptop but ....

Associate
several changes have been made since i last bought a laptop a Acer aspire 6350G ... no more optical drive and no more removable battery (if you are using your laptop for home constantly charging the battery without releasing the energy reduces the life of your lap top) ... i can use a external Blu ray player but their is no way round the battery problem ... i wanted the laptop to replace my PC if i can't buy a laptop with a detachable battery i will just upgrade my PC instead

the max i am willing to spend is £1,000 - £1,200

Associate
OP
If you don't have mind with undoing the bottom panel and there is no warranty sticker then you could just unscrew the bottom panel, disconnect the battery from the main board and even remove the battery if desired.
Most laptop these days have the batteries tucked underneath now to try improve portability and even improve cooling by using the space where a battery used to go.
You are probably better off upgrading your PC if you don't fancy removing the bottom panel all the time to re-connect/de-connect the battery.
Laptop would be for home use only ... no need for the battery

Associate
OP
I may be wrong, but don't most laptops divert power and not utilise the battery when fully charged?
when i had a acer and a dell before that i was instructed to remove the battery if i was not going to use it for travelling as it increased the lifetime of my laptop .... mate had same model as mine his lasted 18 months because he kept the battery in his laptop whilst mine lasted 9 years

Back
Top Bottom