• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I won an artifacting 2070 Super

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Yeah, thanks for the suggestions dude.

I didn't think about hooking it up to a TV, I'll go and do that and see if it helps.

I have already used DDU to clean the Nvidia drivers and reinstall them, both with and without GFE and I've noticed no difference, so I don't think that's the problem.

Soldato
As above check the t and c of the compo. In any case send it back. The fact that you could publicly say you got a faulty card in their compo would spring them into doing something. As who would want to enter their compos if people knew you would get a faulty item. Prob someone dropped the ball at the supplier.

Soldato
So over christmas I entered a few competitions on Hexus.net and found out on Monday that I had won an MSI 2070 Super Ventus OC (Yay!).

I entered that competition...

I received the prize yesterday and as I had suspected, I didn't get shipped a retail card.

I wonder if MSI might be interested in this supplier - their name starts with S, I'm guessing - sullying their reputation? Raise the issue with Hexus and MSI.

Associate
OP
Ok, I've just tested it on a T.V. (only have a 1080p one I'm afraid). I selected 1440p with the benchmarks though I don't know if it was actually rendering at that resolution given that my T.V. can't display it, but the Valley benchmark was better but still had the occasional artifact, but firestrike was just as bad as when using a DP cable. I think it's probably safe to say at this point that it is just an unstable factory overclock. Either way, I'm going to send an email to the supplier tonight with as much evidence as I can get and hopefully they'll do what they can to resolve the problem. Also, the card didn't come from a supplier beginning with an S, but a system integrator beginning with a C. If you're curious this is the competition entry page (I hope this is allowed):

https://hexus.net/tech/features/graphics/137423-day-7-win-msi-rtx-2070-super-via-cyberpower/

I know it's just a marketing mock up image on the competition page, but the product I received most certainly didn't arrive in a retail box. A minor gripe, given my other issues, but it hardly inspires confidence in the quality of the card itself.

Soldato
Yeah could argue about the retail box
As no mention it may not come in one
Personally I wouldn't care about that as long as card worked properly
Since it was free no retail box to me isn't a biggie
But card not working right is
I wouldn't worry about them not testing it properly given the 2 companies involved
They will know how to
Not like its the company you find in UK shopping centres that's just merged their 2 stores next door to each other into one
Those I wouldn't trust to do it right lol

Associate
OP
Managed to get some footage of issues in the Witcher 3. Similar shading / lighting issues I experienced with TW:W2, though no artifacting this time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSceCZsRzwE&feature=youtu.be

Hopefully now with video evidence of issues at stock clocks in two games and multiple benchmarks, I will be a bit more convincing when emailing them than simply stating that it's faulty.

Bit of a last ditch query, but could my fairly aging i5 4670k / 8gb of 2133Mhz DDR3 ram have anything to do with it? Given that the GPU is much more modern? My CPU and RAM usage during games / benchmarks seems completely normal. All these components function completely normally with my 980ti, but obviously the 2070 is going to be a much more demanding card. Could a CPU bottleneck cause these sorts of in game issues?

Associate
OP
Not easily I'm afraid. The only people I know with a PC have even older hardware than I do. I've reinstalled my 980ti after sending an email to the provider of the card, given that I will likely have to send it back, and I've rerun all of the games / benchmarks I've had issues with with identical settings and everything runs flawlessly, albeit at about half the FPS. Hopefully the marketing lady I have the contact info for will be helpful and I won't have to fight an uphill battle to get a working card.

OcUK Staff
Hey Eilua,

I am good friends with the guys at HEXUS, and they have asked me to ask you to contact them so the graphics card can simply be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom