i3-7100 which motherboard?

Associate
OP
well im hoping to use my old case which is about 9 year old and normal size. not micro or mid. and ill be getting zotac 1050ti. if not then ill be buying case of the size that will be necessary. is there going to be much of performace difference between motherboard for 60 and 120 ?

Man of Honour
The G4560 is a superb budget cpu and with 2400mhz ram runs very close the the i-3, with the £50 diffrence between the 2 cpus add the money to a stronger gpu.

Unfortunatelly Overclockers do not have the G4560 even showing on there cpu pages ( not sure whats going on there ).

Soldato
any motherboard from the H110 range thats if its a skylake cpu as unless thats an unlocked i3 you wont need anything fancy, so go with the one that has the most features and ones that are of use to you that will also fit your case and is the cheapest.

what is your actual budget? if it beats a ryzen 1400 setup for price then go with intel and the only real benefit going with the G is the price, basically the same performance as an i3, just cheaper, however stock is limited and for skylake at least only the slower dual versions are in stock as far as the pentium range.

Soldato
** Do not quote cmpetitors **

good price however im confused by the motherboard, no H110 on OC has one that supports kabylake nor is that board from the link listed? however this seems like a more suitable bundle and cheaper.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £255.43
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
I don't see why anybody would pay a extra £55 for a i3 7100 over a G4560, especially when on a tight budget. A extra £55 for 400mhz doesn't seem like good value to me. I know the G4560 isn't in stock or even listed on here anymore but it is elsewhere.

Soldato
I don't see why anybody would pay a extra £55 for a i3 7100 over a G4560, especially when on a tight budget. A extra £55 for 400mhz doesn't seem like good value to me. I know the G4560 isn't in stock or even listed on here anymore but it is elsewhere.
It's OK pastymuncher - i guided koczan1 towards a G4560 on another thread along with a better GFX card (bought and paid for and arrives Wednesday) - breathe easy buddy :D

Man of Honour
Good man. :D

It's just that I see people building what are supposed to be budget builds around a i3 when all they are really gaining is a few hundred mhz over the Pentium. To my mind that extra £55 or so is better spent elsewhere and if the budget is really tight that can mean the difference between having a ssd or no ssd.

Soldato
It's just that I see people building what are supposed to be budget builds around a i3 when all they are really gaining is a few hundred mhz over the Pentium. To my mind that extra £55 or so is better spent elsewhere and if the budget is really tight that can mean the difference between having a ssd or no ssd.
100% agree - and point well made - but some are tough nuts to crack. :)

OcUK need to get their stock updated to help the cause...

Soldato
Some people go for the i3 title I guess, you will see me suggest it for stock, i guess some are not aware of what the G range offer having only the K chips in haswell for example as the best ones.

Back
Top Bottom