• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i5 10600k Core Temps Query

Associate
Hi Guys,

I have recently reached a stable overclock of 4.9ghz at 1.27v. I am using a Dark Rock 4 Cooler (which I will reseat once my Thermal Grizzly paste comes through).

My query is regarding the temperature of my cores when using Cinebench or Aida64. All of my cores hover around 85- 90 degrees except for Core 2 which is around 78-80. Is this normal or have I indeed not seated the DR 4 properly as I assume I have?

Thanks,

Associate
OP
I realised that I may have screwed one side of the DR 4 on a bit too tight (first time not using a stock CPU cooler) which led to less thermal paste on that side, or it may have even had contact with the CPU. I have reapplied Thermal Grizzly and max temps are 85 while testing stability. I am idling at 33 - 37. with these temps I might even try a 5Ghz oc.

Back
Top Bottom