I5 3570K oc Stuck at 4.4Ghz

Associate
Hi, it's been a while since I've dug into re doing the overclock. When I built this computer I got up to 4.4 and couldn't get 4.5 no matter what I tried so decided 4.4 was more than good enough for the games I was playing and temps for daily use. However I've got that itch and would love to get it over and above 4.5Ghz.

I've tried upping the turbo boost voltage by a couple steps, I think I went up to 0.4v or something, cpuid was reading 1.302v under load, temps only reach 70 Celsius. Prime95 fail and blue screens, the code I get works out to mean I need more vcore, but I suspect something else is up.

Oh HD 7950 is overclocked max in catalyst and it blue screens even when I set default clocks.

I remember doing the ram test back when I bought the sticks and they are good.

Any ideas guys, how can I take screenshots of my bios screen? Specs as per sig, Asrock Extreme 6 mobo

Associate
OP
Oh I think I did that too, I think I did that straight after building it. I could always try another update, it's been long enough Asrock might have new version

Associate
OP
Is that the CPU offset voltage your talking about or the turbo boost voltage, because I have been upping the turbo boost voltage, and leaving CPU voltage at +0.005.

Also I'm not seeing anything called turbo ratios and nothing to set at auto.

And llc I have level 1-5 do I understand it correctly as level 1 being max and providing more of a difference.

Thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom