i51 Ricoh

Soldato
Hey.

me and a few mates have booked BYOC seats at i51, we are sitting at the mmo section as it seemed the most appropriate for us.

who else is going? I won't be camping and will be popping home each night so have to leave my pc there O.O is this safe?

I didn't have a proper stag do before my wedding on the 29th of December just gone, so i managed to wangle it as a real geeks stag do so the wife couldn't say no ;)

If you are going say here please and I will make a list ;)

People going:

Diagro
[TFU] Thegoon84
'Wes
Diggzi
Davido_Labido

Last edited:
Associate
Reading this has really brought back a lot of memories of going to one of the I events in Newbury over 10 years ago, It really has come on a long way since i went when it was just a room full of PCs and that was pretty much it!

Might if my friends are interested, could be a good laugh, will not be camping this time around though!

Soldato
Reading this has really brought back a lot of memories of going to one of the I events in Newbury over 10 years ago, It really has come on a long way since i went when it was just a room full of PCs and that was pretty much it!

Might if my friends are interested, could be a good laugh, will not be camping this time around though!

Doubt you'll have a choice mate.... Hotels and rooms went on sale and sold out with 15mins. All the surrounding hotels are also pretty much gone also.

Bring a tent :D

Associate
[TFU] Thegoon84;25607329 said:
Doubt you'll have a choice mate.... Hotels and rooms went on sale and sold out with 15mins. All the surrounding hotels are also pretty much gone also.

Bring a tent :D

hmm well that sucks :(

Associate
Do they still have the sleeping room like at Newbury?

Much better than camping. Rock up with your sleeping bag, find a corner and sleep.

Good times were had. Been about 10 years for me as well!

Soldato
OP
Yea all hotels are sold out chaps.
Only reason im going is because i live 10-15 mins away thus will use my nice bed with my wife in it to keep me warm.

Just come anyway!

Soldato
Luckily i booked my hotel a week ago at the Belgrade Plaza.

I accidentally chose the £190+ option where you can cancel your room within 30 days, but i cba to change it as you have to phone up.

Last edited:
Associate
Well there are hotels within 3 miles that have rooms though, so when you say all hotels are booked do you mean the two hotels next to the venue?

Soldato
[TFU] Thegoon84;25606977 said:
As always myself and my clan will be going! Cant wait. New venue looks amazing!

I've never had any items stolen. So yeah your stuff will be safe!

Correction...he's never had his stuff stolen.... just sexy things duct taped to his chair ;)

but in general the events in past have been relatively theft free, minus the few incidents. theives seem to go after smaller things that might not be noticed initially rather than having to try to deal with carrying out a pc past security. Think at the last few lans I heard of some mouse mats and mice going missing and also someone taking ram out from someones pc?

just have to be a bit vigilant. when you're not at your pc just keep things out of sight. I have a cover for my monitor which I would chuck on and also one of the OCUKs giant mousemats so each night all my preps would get tuckekd under the monitor cover and/or have the giant mat laid over the. out of sight out of mind :)

last time we also went in one of the smaller halls so we got a general idea of the majority of the people wandering in and out and tried sitting with as many people as we knew so that we'd pretty much know the entirety of the people on our rows. randoms scouting for stuff are easily spotted then and told to sling their hook! :p

Associate
What is this? I live in coventry and haven't heard of it :S

edit: just googled it, is this something you can go to alone?

Yeah I live in Coventry and it is new to me!

I do love a gaming event, although I am more partial to looking at new releases and buying bits at special show prices. Is it worth it just for this?

Soldato
OP
I'll ask my brother if he wants to go with me, £97 seems quite a lot though!

wow its jumped in price!

I paid £73.60 yesterday and we booked 4 people in.

I would say its still worth it, Then again i have never been to an insomnia multiplay event and only going to this one because its so close!

Soldato
Just throwing it out there. If people are looking to go, but don't have a group to go with. You can always jump on TS, spend a bit of time with us then make a decision on if you'd like to attend LAN with us.

Always on the look out for decent folk to come with us.

Back
Top Bottom