• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7 2600K still good for a while yet?

Associate
Have it OC'd to 4.0Ghz, room for more if I spend a bit of time on it.
Mostly CAD work stuff, though the odd blast of Project Cars now and again.

Doesn't feel slow, but its a bit old in the tooth.
Still worth hanging on to?

Soldato
I'm still running mine at 4.6ghz. Bought it when they were first released and it's still going strong :)

I think it's the best money I've ever spent. Especially looking at the high used prices.

Associate
OP
Thanks Guys,
good to know. :)

Whats a good air cooler to get her up to 4.6?

Also,
Is there a good "one stop" guide for overclocking the 2600k?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm currently running an old 2500k running 4.4, yes of course you can realise some gains with a Skylake at 4.6 ect but really if your playing 1080p or 1440 a 980ti will smash it anyway, only this your missing is connectivity.

Am looking to drop 4k on a new PC in a few months! yay!

Associate
little point in changing as also running mine on air cool as anything from here at 4.4 and it still flies and with a good vga card, have no issues what so ever with the latest games, will update when there's a need or a reason for it, atm there isn't any

Back
Top Bottom