• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i7 920 d0 occt error code 4

Associate
Hi,

I have put together a i7 920 build. My motherboard is asus p6t deluxe.
Everything is at stock atm, however when i run OCCT cpu stress it crashes about 20 secs in everytime with error code 1 on all cores except for one core which is error code 4. By this time my temps are low 60's (idle around 38), i am using a true for cooling. It indicates my vcore at 1.2.
My ram is dominator 1600mhz and this is the only setting i manualy changed in the bios, i have changed it to 1.64v. Setting this to auto does not fix the error either.

I have just run 5 loops of intel burntest with no problems, i am going to run this again incase it was a fluke. I have noticed that in OCCT my cpu says its at around 50 percent load when stress. Also in task manager during intel burn test it is reporting around 50 percent load. Is this normal? When i had my q6600 it would report 99-100 percent load.
Does this mean my cpu is faulty?

Thanks in advance,

Phil.

OK i just ran intel burn test and got error :(

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OK i sorted it! For some reason the bios setting had set my ram to 1600 i set it back down and its all working again. My volatge in OCCT is now showing 1.24v instead of 1.2 so im guessing it wasnt getting enough volts.

My load temps are: 72/70/69/68 on stock, does this seem about normal?

Thanks phil.

Back
Top Bottom