i7 9700k Pre-binned problems

Associate
Hey i bought the i7 9700k pre-binned 5.0ghz and having problems overclocking it. I have gigabyte aorsus master motherboard, for the auto overclock settings the motherboard has the cpu at 4.6ghz with 1.248v. well it goes up and down a little because its on auto. so i followed the gigabyte guide for this board for overclocking and i change all the settings it says and set it to 5ghz and 1.3v and it would just load up then blue screen/crash and i also tryed 1.29v. Also with the auto overclock it does all the temperatures are fine and stress test fine as it should.

Any help please.

Associate
you would probably need 1.35v and loadline calibration. I don't have the same board as you but I do have teh same chip but I run mine at 4.8 as I like the lower temps. I use avx -2 as well. I think it does [email protected]. Could possibly get lower volts but haven't time to try it.

And I think when I inititally got it I just stuck it 1.35v for 5ghz.

Associate
OP
you would probably need 1.35v and loadline calibration. I don't have the same board as you but I do have teh same chip but I run mine at 4.8 as I like the lower temps. I use avx -2 as well. I think it does [email protected]. Could possibly get lower volts but haven't time to try it.

And I think when I inititally got it I just stuck it 1.35v for 5ghz.

Ok so just need more volts, i got it to 4.8ghz at 1.3v didnt try lower and its at 4.6ghz idle is that what is meant to happen, i guess because the cache is at 4.6?, and im going to keep testing it and get it tot 5ghz, thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom