I7700K HELP OC

Associate
Hi guys,

i have a i7700k cpu and a H100i cpu cooler.

I have my 7700k OC to 5ghz 1.35v

my temps at 10 percent load are around 55-
My temps on prime 95 full stress are around 80-87

i know this is high i have just recently today used thermal paste again after been recommended to re thermal my cpu and its made a slight difference but do i either tune it down as the H100i may not be able run 5ghz properly or is the H100i potentially faulty?

Any advise would be highly appreciated cheers

Soldato
You may just have a warm running chip.

How have you got your aio setup (fan/rad case orientation, performance etc.. ) and other fans - case model?

And what are your temps with everyday usage in games etc?

More info: other components (bank of hdds, congested internals?) and configuration of case/cooling.

Soldato
Hi guys,

i have a i7700k cpu and a H100i cpu cooler.

I have my 7700k OC to 5ghz 1.35v

my temps at 10 percent load are around 55-
My temps on prime 95 full stress are around 80-87

i know this is high i have just recently today used thermal paste again after been recommended to re thermal my cpu and its made a slight difference but do i either tune it down as the H100i may not be able run 5ghz properly or is the H100i potentially faulty?

Any advise would be highly appreciated cheers

That sounds normal to me. Unless you delid and use liquid metal, AIO coolers aren't much better than high end air coolers.

Associate
sounds normal. 7700k's run hot. Either delid it or lower the overclock/voltage. Might also want to see if your version of Prime95 includes AVX and if so apply a negative AVX offset in the bios or use a version of prime that doesn't use AVX.

That being said, that chip can hit 100c before it will start to thermal throttle so you're still within range

Back
Top Bottom