I7700k no delided

Associate
Hi I just wonder what's the actually kinda safe voltage is for this processor no delided on 4.2ghz with XMP on. I got Dark Rock TF coller on it and with XMP Temps are going up to 90+ Degrees in stress that's a bit too much in idle is about 50-60 which I guess is normal.for Kaby lake without loosing warranty. So I gave up last night with xmp and Temps went well down, about 25-35 idle and 69 degrease noticed in highest stress which I really like. But obviously I lost a lot of performance and it's not that much noticeable on cpu as on ram and everything loading a bit slower. Just been thinking to put back on XMP but set voltage of cpu manually but I have no idea how should I do it. So we are back in my question can somebody just explain how to do it and what's kinda safe brackets of voltage? Just need little guide and info and actually I read that in Google that this may helps to keep performance and lower the temps. You agree guys? Thanks for help.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
PC mostly for gaming, want to OC mostly for gaming performance I got msi 1080ti gaming oc with it so want to achieve best performance I can (In PUBG with no XMP I noticed that my fps went under 60 few times during gaming).
When playing games like PUBG, gta5 or ghost recon wildlands I got around 90-97C with XMP on, once I turn it off is not going above 70C.

Sorry I'm at work atm writing on my phone so may do some stupid mistakes in writing.

Associate
OP
Right ok, i did some research. Definetely i DO NOT want to OC my CPU... all i wanna do is Undervoltage my CPU to reach lower temperature but still run it at stock values with XMP on (As i prefer 3000MhZ RAM than only 2133). Once i have XMP and default setting my temperatures are really high and i don't feel safe at all, once i switch off XMP obviously temps. are going down to acceptable ones but i already said that (Probably it's caused that CPU voltage is automatically increased to 1.350V while XMP on). All i need to know is how to undervoltage my CPU safely and what values should i change, and another question is if that's enough to change only voltage or should i lower some other options at the same time? I attached below my spec as well.

be quiet! Dark Rock TF CPU Cooler - 135/135mm
WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD - OEM (WD20EZRZ)
NZXT Hue+ RGB Dual Channel LED Controller - Black
Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
MSI Z270 PC Mate Intel Z270 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B30
be quiet! Dark Power Pro P11 750W '80 Plus Platinum' Modular Power Supply
Corsair Carbide 270R Mid Tower Case - Black Window (CC-9011105-WW)
Samsung 960 PRO Polaris 512GB M.2 2280 PCI-e 3.0 x4 NVMe Solid State Drive
MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X OC 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Should I change only cpu core voltage? or SA and IO voltage as well? DRAM voltage is at 1.350 when xmp is On. should I do not touch this one?

Associate
OP
I can set it on 1.185 lowest with no error after 1h fft test windows is stable. I had max 77C after that hour on 100% core performance. Cooler should be fitted correctly as OCUK builded whole PC for me I don't know what paste did they used but I'm guessing the one that was boxed with my be quiet cooler. CPU is on standard speed with turbo boost 4.2GHZ - 4.5GHZ

In games i reach around 70C stable.

I know it's not the best result ever but only one i can get so far without deliding i guess. If somebody got any more ideas feel free, i definetely will check.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Try Player unknowns battleground, this game will batter your cpu mate. Btw. after undervolting I also turned off turbo boost which doesn't affected my games at all and I have not seen my cpu going over 75C on latest games still not amazing but acceptable. Only in PUBG sometimes jumping to 82 that's the highest I noticed but this game is still in early access and not compiled properly so I do not expect better.

Back
Top Bottom