IAM Developer

Soldato
At the moment I am a Java developer using JEE, JSF, JPA, Javascript, CSS and REST web servicess, using weblogic as the applapplica server . Part of my job is to interface with IAM type products such as Oracle OAM and OID, I have also used oauth2 with jwtj

A few weeks ago I was contacted out of the blue by an ex colleague who is now a principal consultant of the IAM sector of security at a large services provider in the UK, wondering if I was interested in new opportunities. Obviously it has piqued my interest. So currently they don't really have any developers per se and they interface with products such as forge rock, cyberark and sailpoint. I'd be coming on and receiving training in sailpoint using java and something called beanshell (which I've never heard of). Going forward I'd be using okta, reactjs and Java microservices.

The role would be mostly home based, with a potential 20% pay rise. My concerns however are I don't believe they have a proper development environment setup and the glassdoor review of company is terrible. However working from home could be good if a little lonely, the pay rise welcome and I think the security sector would be good to get into.

Thoughts ? I've already had a couple of chats with the boss and today one of the guys who works with sailpoint which have gone ok, no official job offer yet but it's starting to look likely

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They provide IT services security is just one part of it.

The role is about developing integrations around a number of IAM products they use to suit the clients needs.

The bad reviews seem to be around a number of redundancies that have happened over the last few years, sending jobs offshore etc.

Soldato
OP
Cheers! :)

Had the contract through via email now so I'll be handing in my notice next week. One question though the offer is subject to background checks (which I'm confident will be OK) but I should I actually be waiting for those to complete before handing in my notice?

Back
Top Bottom