Ian Holloway at it again

Man of Honour
Every manager rants, but I think he's funny because of the accent. Mick McCarthy sounds hilarious as well. :p

It seems daft, but I wouldn't go mental over the proposed changes just yet.

A lot of people have said for years now we should be having a break in winter anyway, perhaps this will force a change through. Cancellations are rife and can cause a pileup later on in the season. Worse weather conditions aren't good for fans either - we have a lot of games in December, usually 5 instead of 4.

Why is the footy season roughly akin to an academic year anyway? Our summers aren't that hot and unplayable, transport is less hazardous etc. etc. If it were up to me I'd have it from the beginning of March to the end of November. We easily have enough weeks - just cut out meaningless international friendlies and we're sorted.

Don't wanna say it but I do feel there is a political slant on this as well. A lot of people resented the fact that Qatar got the nod. We don't complain about Sky or ESPN moving our 'traditional' 3:00pm kick offs around but seemingly this is too far.

Soldato
The English season is as it is to accommodate easily fitting in the Euro's / WC and the CL final.
Cant imagine some of the other leagues will be too willing to change their league fixtures, and if we move it screws up the transfer windows.

Soldato
Will be interesting to see if the Premier League would have a break and if they don't will the clubs let the players go to play? Will the players wages be paid by their respective FA's?

Associate
A breath of fresh air for the prem in some ways, he doesn't give the cliched, give nothing away respones you tend to get in some of the interviews.

Caporegime
He had a good point, what happened to the air conditioned stadiums that Qatar said would be developed if they won the bid? I hope the domestic leagues show FIFA two fingers for being so stupid/corrupt as to even pick Qatar to host it ahead of the likes of the USA.

Long may Ian Holloway and Blackpol remain in the Premiership, his interviews are as entertaining as his teams football.

Associate
Some of his rants are bit childish at times and certainly the last one with Rooney, whilst in tune with how a lot of people felt - he looked like he was ready to burst into tears over it, which was a bit odd and uncomfortable to watch.

His style of talking to the media however, on the whole, is very much welcomed in my book. About time we heard something real and not the usual manager guff they churn out, every single press conference.

Soldato
Yeah i realise that, however the last time the 'winter break' debate popped up, that was the reason that the English FA gave for why it simply cannot be.

Soldato
I like having games over Christmas. Football games on TV on boxing day and the following days are always welcome. Its a great time of year for it!

Plus its great seeing teams playing in the snow sometimes with South American players finding it absolutely unbearable :p

Associate
I'm not too sure on the argument but is it for a winter world cup yes?

And the next one is in Russia yes?

Has no-one from FIFA ever been to Russia in the winter?

Back
Top Bottom