IBT

Associate
This is what I managed to find on Google:

Key Features:
Type: Evo Labs 700W Modular 80+ Certified
Modular PSU: Ez Connectors
Multi-GPU support: independent double +12V rails designed specially for dual graphic cards
AMD support: supports the newest Athlon 64 CPU by AMD
Intel support: supports the newest Core i3, i5 & i7 CPU by Intel
Active PFC: enhances utilization of energy
Ventilation: 1 x 14cm fan
Full range: AC full range input
Fan Speed Control
Energy Star
Short Circuit Protection
Over Voltage Protection
20+4 pin: compatible with all motherboards available on the market
Connections 20 +4 pin x 1 Peripheral Power Connectors x 4 Floppy Power Connector x 1 SATA Power Connector x 4 PCI-E (6+2pin) x 2 ATX 12V 8pin (4+4 pin) x 1

I would expect that PCI-E (6+2pin) x 2 go on one of the 12V+ rails and everything else is on the second one. That second rail is most probably overloaded at 4.8GHz.

Soldato
OP
that makes sense. so would the
EVO-800W-MOD
Key Features:

•Type: Evo Labs 800W Modular High Efficiency
•Modular PSU: Ez Connectors
•Multi-GPU support: independent double +12V rails designed specially for dual graphic cards
•AMD support: supports the newest Athlon 64 CPU by AMD
•Intel support: supports the newest Core i5 & i7 CPU by Intel
•Active PFC: enhances utilization of energy
•Ventilation: 1 x 14cm fan
•Full range: AC full range input
•Fan Speed Control
•Energy Star
•Short Circuit Protection
•Over Voltage Protection
•20+4 pin: compatible with all motherboards available on the market

Connections

20 +4 pin x 1
Peripheral Power Connectors x 4
Floppy Power Connector x 1
SATA Power Connector x 4
PCI-E (6+2pin) x 2
ATX 12V 8pin (4+4 pin) x 1

Warranty: 1 Year Return To Base Warranty

be under less stress?

Associate
32A against 30A per rail is 384W against 360W per rail. It is a relatively minor improvement but might be enough to tilt the balance, if the previous PSU was marginal. Worth giving it a go imho.

Soldato
OP
ok, will give it a bash and see how it gets on, if not then will just hang on at 4.6GHz until the next gen gfx cards come out and do psu at same time.

im guessing as they are the same psu, just different wattage, i can just swap the psu but keep the cables from the old one? save me have to cable tidy again.

Associate
It is possible to see what the CPU is pulling using several programs, my favourite is the sensor status of hwinfo32. Otherwise, you can see what is the consumption at the wall with a plug-in mains power monitor.

Soldato
OP
well the 800w is in, is bigger than the 700w so was a squeeze :( but its all in. need to do some cable tidying again but got a week on in a couple of weeks so will do it then. back up to 4.8GHz and 15 runs of IBT passed, so will do a bit of gaming later and see if the crashes start.

Soldato
OP
Well, very good, but not that surprising given the reduced power consumption.

is it not around the same (think i read 300w somewhere) as it requires 2xPCI-e 6 pin, which is what the 2xHD6850 used (1 each)?

EDIT : re-read one of your posts and you mentioned the HD6850s were around 230w each, so is a big difference :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom