Iceland trip camera

FNG

FNG

Associate
I am off to Iceland at the end of the year. I have been looking to get a camera for a while and was wondering on people's thoughts as to what direction to head in. I like the idea of something like the Olympus om1 mkii but am a bit worried that a 43rd sensor will be too limited on light? Other than that thinking of a aspc (Sony 6700?) or possibly full frame (weight and cost of required lenses and issue?). Have around 3k in total to spend, happy to spend less. Really struggling with what to get!!

What sort of things are you wanting to be shooting? Will you be taking a tripod and if so would that be enough to counter the light issue (depending on what you're shooting)? For lenses are you looking for a one lens does all or get a couple to cover wide as well as a longer reach?

In Iceland I am thinking mainly landscapes. Back home probably more wildlife. Not really much in the way of portraits. I am thinking at least a couple of decent lenses to cover wide and reach. Probably more zooms than primes just for space issues, but happy to consider primes. I think 43rd would suit this well. A tripod might be a push, it is not a photography holiday per se. I wonder if the ibis on the Olympus would help compensate against the light issue?

In Iceland I am thinking mainly landscapes. Back home probably more wildlife. Not really much in the way of portraits. I am thinking at least a couple of decent lenses to cover wide and reach. Probably more zooms than primes just for space issues, but happy to consider primes. I think 43rd would suit this well. A tripod might be a push, it is not a photography holiday per se. I wonder if the ibis on the Olympus would help compensate against the light issue?

Take a look at Henry Turner on Youtube, I'm sure he shoots the OM system (OM5 not OM1) https://www.henryturnerphotography.co.uk/my-gear He usually raves about the ibis system when he's using the camera hand held. An alternative to a proper tripod is the Jobi Gorilla pod or a couple of bean bags to level things off a bit.

Back
Top Bottom