Icy Windows

Soldato
My wife's car has frameless windows, so we have a more fundamental issue on particularly cold days. Because of the frost, the windows fail to do their half-inch roll down, so firstly it's a hell of an effort to open the door - and then when you have, you can't close it properly again because the window won't go back under the top seal.

Hence the warm water or the heater in the car options are extra valuable for us.

Soldato
Either de-icer or scraper for me.

takes a few minutes while the car is running and warming up a bit.

I think this is the only tech I'd genuinely want from modern/EV cars.

the remote control to get it up to temp and de-iced.

Soldato
Wife used to have a scraper in her car - I never noticed for years it was a metal framed scraper and she used the metal corners to remove the ice and frost.
Need I say more - So if anyone bought a Toyota Pasio in black with windows looking like cobwebs that was my wife.:eek:

Soldato
My wife's car has frameless windows, so we have a more fundamental issue on particularly cold days. Because of the frost, the windows fail to do their half-inch roll down, so firstly it's a hell of an effort to open the door - and then when you have, you can't close it properly again because the window won't go back under the top seal.

Hence the warm water or the heater in the car options are extra valuable for us.

Yea and it rips little bits off the seal.

Soldato
My preferred method is to schedule my departure and walk out to a car with heated cabin, seat and steering wheel.

In the days before I would use a big jug of warm water.

Soldato
Not on private land.

Not sure about that. I've heard of people being done for it when the car was on a driveway. Is this the same as the deal about it being possible to be prosecuted for driving offences on car parks? If it's accessible to the public, from the road, then it's not private land for the purposes of driving laws?

Back
Top Bottom