Ideas for location for UK cottage break

Man of Honour
Hi all,

Any suggestions for a nice area for a cottage break in a few weeks if we find late availability? Somewhere no more than 3 hours from London really.

We've got a 9 month old boy so would be looking at something family friendly where the locality has plenty to do for a small one, childrens farm, things to see etc etc..

Thanks!!

Mal

Soldato
Hi all,

Any suggestions for a nice area for a cottage break in a few weeks if we find late availability? Somewhere no more than 3 hours from London really.

We've got a 9 month old boy so would be looking at something family friendly where the locality has plenty to do for a small one, childrens farm, things to see etc etc..

Thanks!!

Mal

Do you really need to take a 9 month old's wants into account when choosing a holiday? Wont it just lie there pretty much inert the whole time?

This could be your last chance for about 15 years to go on a holiday you want!

Disclaimer - I know nothing about children, but for all I know they can walk, talk and critique barny the bears latest performance on the west end.

Man of Honour
OP
Do you really need to take a 9 month old's wants into account when choosing a holiday? Wont it just lie there pretty much inert the whole time?

This could be your last chance for about 15 years to go on a holiday you want!

Disclaimer - I know nothing about children, but for all I know they can walk, talk and critique barny the bears latest performance on the west end.

Not really, we did all of that before he was born, so we are quit ready for family holidays now! He is a very active crawling baby and absolutely loves things like that!!

Soldato
Not really, we did all of that before he was born, so we are quit ready for family holidays now! He is a very active crawling baby and absolutely loves things like that!!

Fair enough.:) The only cottage I've been is on Eileen Shona, so no help for you really! It was however, absolutely mint. We saw one person the entire week, and that was a shock, he jogged past on a narrow path on a hill, we'd not seen anybody for so long we just sort of stared blankly as he ran past.

Don
We recently stayed at a cottage in Lyndhurst for a week, lovely surroundings, ideal travel time from London and lots to do in & around the New Forest.

[Edit] And this was with a 5-month old :)

Soldato
Apart from being able to recommend Cornwall (which seems a bit far for you), I can recommend that you avoid Norfolk. I spent a week there a couple of years back, and was glad to get home. All of the small towns were boring and most of the big towns were trashy and crawling with chavs (especially Great Yarmouth, eurgh). Norwich was nice though.

York might be worth a look, some very interesting places there, same goes for Oxford/Cambridge. Cornwall has the best memories for me though.

Back
Top Bottom