IED - 2 Terrorists - 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
In one way you get a +1 for that,

Its important to recognise that the majority of these people do seem to want to be helped by the outside world and in another way they can't ever be helped as every village and town is dominated by a local mullah or tribal chief who will never allow "his" people to break free from the middle age's and brutal way of life. Any alliance with NATO or anyone else for that matter is usually a marriage of convienience that offers the local powers some kind of advantage for a short time over aincient enemies or lines their pockets until the wind changes and they swap allegiance once again to the highest bidder.

You know what, i feel sorry for the poor SOB's who died in the vid.

Its a pretty good chance they were taken away from their families in Pakistan, brainwashed, told how to plant bombs and sent up the chain to the meatgrinder in Helmand.

They could well be as much victims as anyone else.

Associate
How do you know those people in the video were'nt just trying to defend there country and not one of the people who kill innocent civilians?
are they also terrorists?

Man of Honour
The only reason I started arguing was so you can stop calling people who defend their country against intruders "Terrorist", do you call anyone from Iraq a terrorist too?

They aren't defending their country. a lot aren't even Afghanistan. They blow up civilians and police recruits on a daily bases. They are terrorists plain and simple.

If hey just fought armed forces and had collateral then you would be right assuming they all came from Afghanistan. But this is not the case.

Caporegime
How do you know those people in the video were'nt just trying to defend there country and not one of the people who kill innocent civilians?
are they also terrorists?

But a large number of their country doesn't seem to want to be "defended"

Where the IRA terrorists or defending their country?

Man of Honour
What about the americans in Iraq, they torture and kill many innocent Iraqi civilians, so they too are Terrorists.

No they are not. They are regular military who go where the United States government tell them to go to enforce foreign policy, however bad that may be.

The rogue elements in their military do no represent how it is across the board and to suggest so is generalising to say the least.

Associate
No they are not. They are regular military who go where the United States government tell them to go to enforce foreign policy, however bad that may be.

The rogue elements in their military do no represent how it is across the board and to suggest so is generalising to say the least.

Yo kind of contradicted your self there,

"however bad that may be" that means you agree they are doing bad things which is invading a country that they have no right to invade and while doing so kill thousands of innocent people.

"to suggest so is generalising to say the least" thats the same for people calling Afghan's and Iraqi's terrorists.

Soldato
This happens quite often. Just google vids of it happening.

Its the whole laughing at death I cant understand, I assume that you are in stiches watching The World at War when the Germans and Italians are killed :rolleyes:. No matter if they deserve it or not, I really dont think death is a laughing matter.

I agree, but no need to get worked up about it, that is your view point and other people have their view points.

Soldato
They aren't defending their country. a lot aren't even Afghanistan. They blow up civilians and police recruits on a daily bases. They are terrorists plain and simple.

If hey just fought armed forces and had collateral then you would be right assuming they all came from Afghanistan. But this is not the case.

This. Mostly they are Syrian, Libyan, Pakistani, trained by terrorist networks and sent across the border to fight.

Man of Honour
Yo kind of contradicted your self there,

"however bad that may be" that means you agree they are doing bad things which is invading a country that they have no right to invade and while doing so kill thousands of innocent people.

I have perhaps not explained myself very well.

By ' however bad that may be ' I was referring to US foreign policy.

"to suggest so is generalising to say the least" thats the same for people calling Afghan's and Iraqi's terrorists.

I would agree 100% but it isn't something that I said, have said or would say.

Last edited:
Soldato
They're for whoever comes along first.

No, not necessarily. The IED's dont blow up once someone steps on them, like conventionoal mines. They are IMPROVISED, they can select their target. For example they use command wire triggeres where they sit in an OP and wait for a troop convoy to cross it or they use pressure operated plates that are designed to operate under the weight of a particular vehicle. This means they can discriminate against heavier vehicles like APCs instead of cars. Loads of methids being used out there - very clever stuff.

Caporegime
No, not necessarily. The IED's dont blow up once someone steps on them, like conventionoal mines. They are IMPROVISED, they can select their target. For example they use command wire triggeres where they sit in an OP and wait for a troop convoy to cross it or they use pressure operated plates that are designed to operate under the weight of a particular vehicle. This means they can discriminate against heavier vehicles like APCs instead of cars. Loads of methids being used out there - very clever stuff.

not all of them.

Civilians bore much of the brunt of the violence with 20 killed when vehicles detonated roadside bombs.

Among a series of incidents, six people were killed by a roadside bomb in the Maiwand district of Kandahar and 14 more died when their vehicle hit a bomb in neighbouring Uruzgan province.

Soldato
Fish fingers are you planning on applying to the Taliban?

Do you realise how many people you are offending by showing sympathy for the (insert swear word) who are killing OUR soldiers.

Impeccable reasoning there. He's offending you, but I don't think he can be blamed for you being a bit slow and not understanding what he's saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom