If England win the World Cup...?What would you do?

Man of Honour
lemonkettaz said:
if we are all in the pubs on the final and we win... will it be like

"wow, we won... right ill see you later, goodnight"

Probably go out for a few more drinks afterwards like I did when we lost to Portugal, but yeah, at the end of the day that's about the size of it.

Might even watch the final at home for better visuals/sound/availability of drinks.

Best atmosphere I've ever experienced in a pub for an England match was the Columbia game in 1998 - pub was absolutely packed to the rafters, amazing atmosphere, and it went ballistic for minutes after Beckham scored the freekick. For some reason 2000/2002/2004 have never really quite recaptured that for me.

Soldato
McMav said:
Not watch the "National" News for at least 2 years.
2? Try about 30 and I think you might manage to avoid hearing about it. Even if we lost the next tournament after it, that wouldn't stop most people from harping on about it forever afterwards.

As for myself, since I'd almost certainly be watching the final in a pub somewhere if we ever made it that far, I've no doubt that I'd get swept along and really enjoy myself, but it just doesn't feel as special as club football does to me, as strange as that sounds.

Soldato
OP
i was at work during every england game for euro2004... the place was dead.. but i still had to work incase anyone came in.

(part time in a kitchen) its proper shocking, we arent allowed radio of tv, so i kept a look out on my phone.

this year though i put in a holiday request for June :).. all of june. so im making sure i miss no games this year.

my heart goes out to people who will be working. its a real annoyance

Soldato
I'd get ratted for a week and spend the rest of my days rubbing it in the noses of the Anti-English brigade, feeding their paranoia. :)

I'd also get a St Georges flag tattoo on my right arm, although that'll probably be seen as racist in certain quarters. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I'd instantly patent a "Two World Wars and Two World Cups" design for a T-shirt and become a millionaire.

Oh, and get really ******.

Back
Top Bottom