If we were told WW3 was about to start and we all had to man up?

Soldato
It was young folk who weren't wearing masks when I went to Asda and IKEA. Everyone else had one on but I'm in Scotland where rules about masks were brought in much earlier and we have taken a much better approach initially than England at the start. Not been keeping up recently.

Pubs again are all young folk here. Yeah you will have all ages in them but majority of older folk are staying away.

It's not all young folk but majority for sure. You will always have idiots at all ages breaking rules especially if neds are involved.

Like the two junkies coming right up to me begging for money when I've gotten out my car to drop cash off at the bank. Literally had to tell them to **** off and they shouldn't be approaching people.

I think it's safe to assume most folk over the age of 50 are actively avoiding pubs.

My local, in Scotland, has been vast majority 50s-70s.

Caporegime
Hunter Biden, son of the potential 2020 US President phone call leaked with him admitting to doing a deal with the Chinese spy chief and the corporate media have a total blackout on it. INFORMATION WARFARE.

China probably has so much leverage on the Biden family that they will do everything in their power to get him elected but the propagandised sheep are still just hypnotised by claims of Russia involvement.

Caporegime
Hunter Biden, son of the potential 2020 US President phone call leaked with him admitting to doing a deal with the Chinese spy chief and the corporate media have a total blackout on it. INFORMATION WARFARE.

China probably has so much leverage on the Biden family that they will do everything in their power to get him elected but the propagandised sheep are still just hypnotised by claims of Russia involvement.
That's a gold-plated, diamond-encrusted LOL right there, you mentalist :D

Permabanned
I very much doubt conscription would even work with the youth of today. Even if it was a righteous war, instead of lining up to defend their country they'd just take to the streets and slug it out with the authorities.

Soldato
Completely irrelevant. Boris is a buffoon but he is not responsible for students' personal behaviour. Personal responsibility has been sorely lacking for decades.

It's not just Boris though is it. What personal behaviour are you referring to? If personal responsibility has been lacking, how are you making that judgement?

Soldato
It's not just Boris though is it. What personal behaviour are you referring to? If personal responsibility has been lacking, how are you making that judgement?

When was the last time you heard of anyone senior offering their resignation because their staff had screwed up? IMHO if your staff screw up so badly it gets in the press you need to think very carefully before not offering your resignation. The rot started years ago. Do you remember the Bulger murder? Do you recall what the mother of one of the murders said? She said something along the lines of that she thought he was out of control and why hadn't the state done something about it? Sorry lass but his behaviour was your responsibility. Then there was the death of de Menezes. The officer in charge should have taken the blame.

RxR

RxR

Soldato
I just wanted to know who the op thought we were going up against?

The OP's answer (choice of contending boners) will be interesting.

Which reminds me of...

The chances of anything coming from Mars
Are a million-to-one, they said...

I.e. The OP might have been rereading and riffing off HG Wells' War of the Worlds.

Last edited:
Soldato
The OP's answer (choice of contending boners) will be interesting.

Which reminds me of...

The chances of anything coming from Mars
Are a million-to-one, they said...

I.e. The OP might have been rereading and riffing off HG Wells' War of the Worlds.

In true OC fashion I'm going to take a leap.

Mars a million to one, so you think corona virus came from Mars!!!! OMG we're all going to die

Man of Honour
I very much doubt conscription would even work with the youth of today. Even if it was a righteous war, instead of lining up to defend their country they'd just take to the streets and slug it out with the authorities.

If it is conscription good and proper it'll be dragged into the back of a van jobbie - people will soon stop protesting. I think people would be shocked just how quickly things changed in an actual war time scenario.

Back
Top Bottom