If you want to get a head, get a hat.

Hats.

Who here wears a hat of any sort? I used to wear a Benny hat years ago but after going to Turkey and wearing a straw Trilby hat, I now wear a normal blue-grey Trilby when going out.

It serves many purposes. It keeps my head warm and dry. It keeps the sun out of my eyes. If I don't want to look or talk to anyone, I can look down and walk briskly with it and people mostly get out of the way. If you are follicly challenged (I'm not as yet) it will keep you head protected from the elements.

On windy days, I have to look down as to direct the wind to push down on the hat rather than lift it. I think it only blew away once, many years ago but you learn to not let that happen again.
I rarely see other people wearing hats of this type, mostly caps and Benny hats.

Do you wear a hat or are hats for the elderly?

zw18lki.png

A trilby is a bit dangerously close to a fedora, I wouldn't go there.

Fjallraven classic knit merino beanie is the king for winter.

Baseball caps of varying styles for summer.

A few thinner beanies for wearing under helmets when climbing in colder temps.

I wonder about when hats fell out of fashion. Look at any photo of a crowd from 1930s and 49s and every single person is wearing a hat. A few decades on and no one wears them!

A trilby is a bit dangerously close to a fedora, I wouldn't go there.

Fjallraven classic knit merino beanie is the king for winter.

Baseball caps of varying styles for summer.

A few thinner beanies for wearing under helmets when climbing in colder temps.
I’m curious what is wrong with fedoras?
Weren’t they THE classic hat?

I have a variety of hats. A few baseball caps for the summer. A peaked merino beanie for the colder months and I've just bought a woollen trapper hat, preparing for the iced wastes that a right in front of us indoors this winter.

Us baldies need hats.

Beanie in the winter keep my bald head warm.

Flat caps made a bit of a come back a couple of years ago with peaky blinders being big but haven't seen it much this year.

Beanie in the winter otherwise my bald head freezes. A baseball cap in the summer otherwise my bald head burns. I don't really like baseball caps but I have to wear something to avoid sunburn.

I hate hats to be honest (to wear, I'm indifferent to other people wearing them).

I'll still wear some sort of beanie type thing in the winter if it is mega cold to keep ears warm.

Last edited:
I hate hats to be honest (to wear, I'm indifferent to other people wearing them).

I'll still wear some sort of beanie type thing in the winter if it is mega cold to keep ears warm.
I wouldn't have either even in the winter in Scotland but when I was in Libya in the baking Sahara desert a hat was essential wear.

Back
Top Bottom