If you want to get a head, get a hat.

Commissario
I love hats. People don’t wear enough hats and there are not enough pictures in this thread.

obQxthD.jpg

BXRSHso.jpg

EHfkwJF.jpg

UOkPZdO.jpg

77bVHpl.jpg

4lJG6Aj.jpg

KnsEu4G.jpg

My dad used to use the “if you want to get ahead, get a hat” line. I use it. My kids have started using it.

The world would be a better place if more people wore hats.

Soldato
I recently got back into hats after burning my fivehead in San Francisco and needing to keep the sun off my face. So I have a snapback for sun and rain to keep them off my face or when I can't be arsed to do my mohawk.

Have always been a beanie guy in winter because they are practical and for some reason I get really painful earache when it's cold and windy.

Proper serious hats though... I mean I usually wear a hoodie and dickies so my dress sense is not grown up enough for that unless I'm in work mode. I think I'd get a lot of stick from the lads in the office if I tried to pull off a fedora.

Soldato
If I saw someone wearing a trilby not as part of fancy dress, I’d massively cringe. It’s not the 2000s anymore, you’re not Pete Doherty.

Straw hat or caps on holiday are fine, warm hats in winter also fine. I don’t get this whole trucker cap fashion, I thought that died a death too.

Soldato
Who here wears a hat of any sort?

Panama hat or wide-brimmed floppy hat (not sure what they're called) in the summer and (fake) fur hat or beanie in the winter. I have a ushanka but it's never been cold enough over here to wear it. I wore a silk balaclava as a base layer when I visited Norway. I also have a fedora.

I wouldn't have either even in the winter in Scotland

Here in Aberdeen it doesn't normally get that cold thanks to being on the coast, but inland it can get seriously nippy.

The big problem with hats is not in wearing them but in taking them off: you have to store them somewhere, so unless they can be left in the car or folded up and put into a pocket or backpack they're a nuisance when you go out.

Soldato
Actually, the west coast is milder because of the Gulf Stream. My family live in the Outer Hebridies. Frost and snow are rare.

I was there at the end of August. It was lovely. But the landscape is pretty wind-blasted. You get the winds straight across the Atlantic. Aberdeen is significantly sheltered.

Soldato
I wear a cap all the time. Here's one of me in my new cap, taken on my iPad Pro front facing camera. I had to tuck my glasses handles in under the cap as it’s a bit bigger than my previous one.

oNHff1g.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom