Ignore this thread

Associate
OP
The chimney breast projection is small because the walls either side have been extended out into the room due to the noise insulation. The room is 119mm narrower/shorter than originally constructed.

Ah, that makes sense. Fantastic username for this threat too :)

Would you say that is any cause for concern? I only wondered as it's on the party wall.
The house is very well decorated and even the living room has a big hole in the wall where the TV sits inside. So I think maybe the current owners insulated it or something and set the wall into the wall so it was flush

Probably worrying over nothing like usual (hopefully)

Associate
OP
It's a bit late to start asking questions about the survey then :)

I have bought the house in that, I have sold mine and had an offer agreed on this new one. It is going through the solicitors. Therefore the survey is just a part of the general process and we only got it on Monday of this week.

Associate
OP
I'm unsure of who the occupants are... The semi-detached house adjoining us is split into two flats, one on the bottom and on on the flat. This is in a village.

The top floor I know has a middle-aged couple, one of whom works in IT I think or at least with computers. I'm not sure of the person who lives below. I've been there several times in the evening and it is very quiet and looks just like a normal place.

There is nothing which causes me any concern, e.g. the general area outside is well kept, it is very leafy and neat/private area.

I will go back a few more times though. We've already asked surveyor about noise insulation and waiting for reply.

Associate
OP
It could be worth the ask as to whether the current owners were the ones who had it installed - it may have been something installed 10 years ago by a previous owner to deal with a neighbour playing DnB until midnight who has long since moved on and is absolutely nothing to worry about.

Thanks Kenai - that is a good suggestion. There is an extension and that was done in 2006 (well before the current owners purchased). So it may have been entirely renovated then. I'll ask estate agent to go to the vendor

Back
Top Bottom