I'm doing a miniature thing.

Soldato
Hey all,

First off, mods if this is not allowed please delete and apologies but I am hoping this is of genuine interest to the people on this sub forum.

I am releasing a Kickstarter in the next few weeks focused primarily on miniature painting.

It's a storage unit, designed with the IKEA kallax in mind.

It started off as something I was unable to find myself so the next best thing was to go ahead and make one, a few positive bits of feedback and I modified the design and made it more flexible then just my own personal needs and over the last year or so has not ended up with me getting ready to release a Kickstarter.

I don't want to push anyone to back it but would be very happy if a few people could at least follow the project to help me build a bit of steam towards it.

I know this is self advertising but I don't want to shove a huge link in the middle of the thread as I don't want to upset anyone so if you are genuinely interested in the sound of it please click the link below.

Thanks in advance to anyone interested.

GTanny / Gary

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...or-miniature-painting-and-art-for-ikea-kallax

Soldato
OP
There’s loads of different kallax units on the IKEA site, is this suited for a particular one?

Hey,

It's made to fill a single cube hole so will fit in anything from a 1x1 to a 5x5

I have designed 3 versions of the final box to be 32x32cm and either 22cm, 32cm or 38cm deep (the kallax is 39cm deep) depending on how much storage people want.

I'm just finishing mine off but this is the second prototype I made to check for fit sat in a kallax nicely, final design has thicker feet so it will sit centre of the kallax box, the filled holes are the interior shelves

TafZAAm.jpeg

Cheers

Gary

Soldato
OP
Just stumbled across this thread and wanted to say congratulations for exceeding your kickstarter goal, well done mate I bet you are well chuffed!
Hey,

Been very busy recently so haven't been on the forum but yes, thank you, I was very happy with the result, I am underway with production and still getting the odd late pledge in so very pleased overall, new machine installed and running and all wood and hardware has now been delivered, its just keeping the production running until I can finally get to a point where I can start shipping them out :) going to be a few months off yet though.

Reactions: Zaf

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Fantastic! Out of curiosity do you think this will allow you to quit your day job and go full time doing something you are obviously very passionate about?

I’m very jealous and inspired at the same time lol

Soldato
OP
At the moment its just a passion project I'm running from home, once these have all been sent out and any issues resolved I plan to open a small Etsy (or similar) store to continue to sell them and have a few more design ideas but it would take a lot more investment to make this a viable solo job, at least for the next couple of years.

I am working on it full time as with my current job I only work 13-15 shifts a month and spend most of my days off working on the project

Back
Top Bottom