I'm Furious

Permabanned
No, certainly not. I don't care much for paying over the odds for overhyped overpriced tat tbh.

25jxjsw.jpg

Soldato
I also bought two things from the sale, two Soul Cal polo shirts. Instead I got a Soul Cal polo, and a Soul Cal jumper. I don't actually mind though because the jumpers really smart and has a £40 label on it, though they charged me £5. Can't find the jumper they sent me anywhere on their website though :S

Soldato
OP
Jesus H Christ. I seriously hope you grow up and join the real world someday.

Why emphasise they were £170? They are under no obligation to sell the goods to you. If that is all you have to worry about I would think myself lucky, not bitch and whine about it on a public forum like a spoiled child.

I emphasise it was worth a £170 because my actual order only came to £65 because it was all in the sale. So I saved £105 on so called "tat", but now I haven't saved it because all they can do is give me my money back. I can't now take my £65 and go get the same jeans, t-shirt and belt from somewhere else for that price because nobody else is selling it. That's why I'm pee'd off. And because I had to phone them to find out what was up with my order and tell them there was a problem instead of them phoning me to tell me there was a problem. I paid for the service so I wouldn't have to do that.

They're under no obligation to sell me the goods, but by advertising the goods at the price that's an invitation to treat, I made my offer of £65 for the goods, they accepted and the contract, as it stands in contract law, was formed. But that contract has now been breached because I can't get my goods that I purchased.

And no it's not all I have to worry about, there is more to my life than my order of jeans. And I will bitch and whine about it on a public forum thank you, because it's a place where I also gave a lot of other people a head's up as to what was on offer. As it stands it seems several others have also had problems with the level or service and it's not on.

Glass of vin or two would be nice, stomachs stable now after last nights binge whilst watching the mighty Spurs take down another Italian team.

Soldato
A fair few of you probably remember me posting a few days ago the link to the republic website for the cheap diesel jeans.

Turns out my package was "damage" returned to the supplier and now all Republic can do it refund me my money.

That was £170 of goods down to £65 that I purchased and now I can't get what I actually wanted.

She said I can put something in writing for them to consider and I thinking of doing it.

Your going to hate me now but ... I work for one of Republic's delivery companies (might be there only, I dont know), in the Queeries and Damages department no less!

Soldato
OP
Lost the opportunity to cash in on a sweet bargain as far as I'm concerned. So yeah, I have lost something.

It's like me telling you OcUK are selling new 6990's for the next hour for £20. You buy one, but it doesn't get delivered, you have to find out what's wrong and then OcUK saying they can only give you your £20 back because that offer isn't on any more. Regardless of the cost, you would still have lost out on the opportunity to cash in on a sweet deal just because the order was messed up in transportation. Why should you have to miss out on that? It's not fair.

Likewise, why should I miss out now.

EDIT:

Woden, you're not wearing a new pair of Diesel jeans and a G-Star belt by any chance are you?

Permabanned
Your going to hate me now but ... I work for one of Republic's delivery companies (might be there only, I dont know), in the Queeries and Damages department no less!

You would think you would be able to spell queries in that case.

Soldato
Lost the opportunity to cash in on a sweet bargain as far as I'm concerned. So yeah, I have lost something.

It's like me telling you OcUK are selling new 6990's for the next hour for £20. You buy one, but it doesn't get delivered, you have to find out what's wrong and then OcUK saying they can only give you your £20 back because that offer isn't on any more. Regardless of the cost, you would still have lost out on the opportunity to cash in on a sweet deal just because the order was messed up in transportation. Why should you have to miss out on that? It's not fair.

No, I never had it in the first place so I wouldn't consider it a loss. Just unfortunate.

Soldato
You weren't prepared to spend £170 in the first place. You were only interested in the goods as they were reduced. To me it's not a saving. If you had genuinely been interested in the goods to then discover they were in the sale it would be a saving. The scenario then unfolds, then you've missed a saving.

I can understand you being annoyed that you had to contact them as I hate having to chase retailers. I've currently got an HDD in for an RMA with a competitor as the manufacturer wouldn't deal with me directly. As far as I'm aware they have no obligation to do anything for me but kindly offered to RMA it anyway (being out of their 1 yer guarentee but within the manufacturers 2 year). They said it would take a month, I don't expect to actually get anything back. I called today to be told I would be called back which I haven't. Annoying but I'm not raging about it. If I get a replacement then kool if not no biggie.

Last edited:
Soldato

EDIT:

Woden, you're not wearing a new pair of Diesel jeans and a G-Star belt by any chance are you?

I'll sell you some jeans worth £1000 for £100 if you want? Oh wait theres a mark at the bottom, sorry you cant buy them now. Looks like you just lost another £900 :(.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom