I'm in a middle of a build but stuck

Associate
Hey,

I've started doing my first build today but I have had to stop as I'm completely confused on how to route the tubing and if it needs to go in a specific order?

Can someone advise so I can complete it tomorrow and do I need to purchase angles? I will also be watercooling a GTX 670

T3gP7l.jpg
LW2YYl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
no one except you could say for certain which angles you'll need. But in a prodigy you will need angled fittings.

Is tht some kind of cpu block+pump? I can't see a pump otherwise. If it is I can relly forsee you having issues with feed to the pump. Realistically you need a pump below a res in a w/c setup, so that the coolant would flood the pump regardless of whether it was on or not. I can't see that happening there.

You may get it to work, but the res will have to be completely full once the loop is. Filling might be very hard. Lucky the case is small I guess.

edit: woahh, looks like the pumpblock thing is also putting pressure on your ram :/

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply :)

Yeah its the Apogee Drive II which is a pump + cpu block so where should I put the res mate? Yeah the ram is a tight fit it shouldn't cause any problems right?

Associate
Can you not rotate the Apogee 90 degrees or something?

The order should go Res - Pump then to whatever works the neatest.

When your filling you may need to tilt the case up a little to get the res above the pump, once its full it should be fine.

Associate
I would defo rotate the apogee. No need to have any force on other components if it can be avoided!

You will defo need angles when it comes to the GPU. I could have used some 45's in my build but got away with it.

I did have some hose kinking, but I sorted that out with a couple of hose clamps etc.

Check out my build for some ideas.

Associate
SO many Prodigy watercooling builds atm, mine included. I agree with the comments above, i dont personally think its a good idea to have the RAM forced sideways at that kind of angle, long term thats got to cause stress on the connectors.

Associate
I had to mount my 240 rad on the top of the case (outside) so that I could plumb in my CPU and GPU, so you if you need a bit more space to work with then that's an option but I think for CPU only you should be fine if you get some 45 and 90 degree angled fittings in there.

Jim :)

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies I have turned my pump so it doesn't touch my ram anymore lol and ordered 5 angles which hopefully comes soon. I've been looking at it and still don't understand how I should route it (first time doing watercooling)

Do I have to use all the entries in the radiators?

The green and orange are the ones which are undecided can anyone think of anything or recommend any changes?

o3aye.jpg

Cheers for the help :)

Last edited:
Associate
You'll have two connectors per rad, inlet/outlet.

Run the bottom connector of the res to the inlet of the pump. Run the pump two a connector on the top rad. Run the other rad connector to the GPU.

Run the GPU to the 120rad and finally to the upper connector on the res.

Like previously said you'll have to prime the pump before using it. IE - make sure there's water in it.

Fill the res, tip the case so the water heads to the pump. Switch on the PSU (by bridging it - please read if unsure and make sure nothing is connected to the PSU apart from the pump).

Keep the case tipped so the water heads to the pump - once the res is getting low, switch the PSU off. Top up the res. Tip the res, switch on the pump. Repeat until the water no longer drains out of the res.

You'll then need to leak test and get the air out of the system.

Back
Top Bottom