I'm never buying a Razer product again

Soldato
I had to return my Deathadder 6 months ago because the left button had become hyper sensitive and was double clicking everything. The replacement I got at the time has now developed the exact same issue.

To make matters worse my Blackwidow keyboard - which is now 3 months out of warranty - has a faulty A key where it does a double press. Assuming I can't find out a way to fix it myself (i've no idea how) i'm probably going to have to sell it as faulty.

The irritating thing is I dont even game any more so my computer and peripherals live a fairly easy life so i really shouldn't be wearing things out like this.

:(

Soldato
Over the last 5 years I have had 1 steelseries mouse die cause I smashed it, 1 zowie mouse die cause I pulled the solder trace off the PCB and about 4 CM storm keyboards conk out cause of the mini USB connector. However the one I am using now has worked fine for 3 years.

The rate switches die on razer mice is pretty much random as nearly all the brands use the same switch so it'll happen to steelseries as much as logitech as much as cougar etc.

The rate switches die on razer keyboards is cause razer are a bunch of cheap smarmy farts who think they know how to make better products than ze germans and failed miserably.

Not to mention all razer products are designed by 12 year olds.

Soldato
I've had two Deathadders in the past with the same problem. The final replacement I ended up selling before using it. My Taipan in comparison has been mechanically sound but the software prevents it from being my main mouse.

Associate
Had the original Deathadder. Lasted 7 years I think, amazing mouse. Middle mouse button croaked recently but decent mileage gotten out of it. I dunno if the older Razer products were made of better quality or if I just got lucky.

Man of Honour
Had similar experience with the Deathadder don't make it beyond 6 months before the switches go. Now using the Zowie FK (pro version) been using 2 concurrently slightly different ages and both the scroll wheel started to not work quite as well almost dead on the dot of 2 years of usage but nothing major other than that everything else has held up fine. Given how hard I am on mice I can live with 2 years usage out of them anyhow.

Associate
little off topic, but I'm still using my Microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 that I got in 2006, I guess they don't make them like they used to :rolleyes: I live in fear of the day it dies on me and I need to find a replacement :p

Man of Honour
Most people (depending on preferences/use style) find one or other of the Zowie mice - either EC or FK usually a suitable substitute for the Intellimouse 3.

Soldato
Had the original Deathadder. Lasted 7 years I think, amazing mouse. Middle mouse button croaked recently but decent mileage gotten out of it. I dunno if the older Razer products were made of better quality or if I just got lucky.

Exactly the same, gutted when I broke the side buttons. The Xbox controllers were a complete joke too, as was my deathstalker keyboard where the keys got completely mushy after 3 months... couldn't return it either as it was bought overseas.

Recently had a faulty death adder too, kept just turning off so been replaced.

V F

V F

Soldato
How is the Razer Copperhead compared to todays gaming mice. Still using it from, 2005? Its a very light mouse.

Soldato
little off topic, but I'm still using my Microsoft intellimouse explorer 3.0 that I got in 2006, I guess they don't make them like they used to :rolleyes: I live in fear of the day it dies on me and I need to find a replacement :p

Most people (depending on preferences/use style) find one or other of the Zowie mice - either EC or FK usually a suitable substitute for the Intellimouse 3.

Might be worth a look for me then too. I went from an Intellimouse 2 to a (sodding heavy) MX700 years ago. My FPS dueling skills totally died with the switch.
I take it the Zowies are... pretty stupid-light then?

Associate
I have a deathadder 3g mouse and the scroll button click stopped working after a year but the scroll itself still works. Still using the mouse 5 years later as that doesn't bother me and every other button works great.

Oh and I use it a lot lol

Back
Top Bottom