I'm not sure if I'm making the right decision upgrading so soon after getting my last pc

Associate
I'm having a really hard time to decide whether I should upgrade my computer and leave all of the previous components behind or if I should try and find some final way to make my computer still work again. So basically back in 2021 I bought a computer off of overclockers and for quite a while it worked very well but to save on cost I kept my old operating system from my previous PC. Now only three years in a computer that runs a 3070 graphics card is now crashing completely playing low intensive multiplayer games like dead by daylight I can try and show the full list if there is any interest in this post but I am heavily contemplating getting the new computer and just getting past this because I have had so many similar crashes in the past year where non-intensive scenes would crash the computer for example playing bg3 going through act 3 would slow the computer down but never crash it but if I were to spend too much time in the character creator then it had the likely chance of out of nowhere out of random crashing and computer very very heavily any professional or even just curious advice I would appreciate I have done the most minor changes to try and major system scans conclusive problem I have found is whatever is causing this is damaging RAM beyond the extent of being used for longer than six months at a time anything beyond that ends up damaging the computer completely or at least that's how it seems for now I have a new overclockers pre-built that I am on the edge of buying just so that way I do not have to deal with my consistent and unexplainable computer crashes anymore I have ragged my head around trying to fix it myself in so many different ways but now what I'm just repeating myself any external interest or tips or anything of the sorts would be appreciated but if nothing can change it is not the end that a world but at the same time as a few people have noticed three years is a very short time for a computer to go from high performing to crashing at the smallest inconvenience

Last edited:
Could need a new PSU.

Overclockers use a Kolink PSU in a lot of their builds and they are not very good and i think only has a 3 year warranty.

Something like this should do the job.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £88.94 (includes delivery: £3.99)​
EDIT​
If you could list all components or say what the build was called.​
Check with Overclockers to see if it is still in warranty.​

Unfortunately I think I'm just outside the warranty coverage so I think that ship may have sailed.

Last edited:
A 3070 should be plenty for what you're doing. Have you got anything overclocked? How are your temperatures?
I don't have anything overclocked, i did try to when the crashes first happened but it only made it worse so I reverted it back to normal. In terms of the temperature I'm not sure how to track them, I'll look at ways to do so and update this post when I have some concrete numbers

Back
Top Bottom