im Screwd!! vista Wont install

Associate
Hi guys

I am having a huge problem

I have vista 64 and 32

When I fist got vista I had 32bit on it and running smooth

now upgraded to 64 so i begin the install like normal "press any key to boot from cd or Dvd"

installing now when time comes for it to restart it does, then it starts to load into vista and then **BLUE SCREEN and restarts in a split second, and that just keeps happening.. ??

I cant even install 32bit any more as when i press ESC and then boot from DVD for 32bit, when the writing comes up that says "booting from DVD, I am waiting for it to say "press any key to boot from cd or dvd" but that doesnt show insted it goes to load 64 again and then Blue screens and restarts.....

I have tried reinstalling 64 bit again that installs but as befor blue screens when time for restart comes..

Im thinking Hardware but It doesnt make sence

spec

Q6600 4x2.4ghz Cpu's
4gb 2x2gb ddr2
1x150gb Raptor
1x500gb western digital
8800 gtx oC2 756mb ram

:(

plz help

Associate
A friend had similar troubles installing Vista. turned out to be issues with a USB device (can't remember what, though)

Associate
OP
Well It worked, I removed 1 of the 2gb sticks and installed 64.... Thanks Guys, one more thing,

Can i ever use the other 2gb Stick again cuz id really like my 4gb ram

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Nae bother.

It's the first time I've come across it with 2x2gb. Tho that's pretty much down to the relative scarcity of people using the 2x2gb kits.

Back
Top Bottom