I'm stumped with this, could do with fresh help :(

Permabanned
I've just swapped the contents of one pc into another case. Everything was working fine before this, but when i go to turn it on in the new case there is no output to the monitor. All the fans are blowin and the green light is on on the mobo. I've tried changing between cpu's and tried the ram in different slots and also with single sticks. I cannot however try a different gpu as this is the only pci-e one i have atm, other cards that are kicking around are agp so no use. I've even tried 2 monitors the dell one just does nowt and switches back to the amber light if i try turning it on, however when i unplug the cable from the pc it tells me no signal. The other monitor just tells me no signal whether its plugged or not and goes into stand-by.

Any ideas guys? I'm all out.

Specs as follows

CPU : tried E6300, E6600, and socket 775 Celeron.
Ram : GSKILL DDR2800 6400 NR
PSU : Hiper Type-R580W
Mobo : P5W DH Deluxe

Edit - tried clearing the cmos also via jumpers and removing the battery.

Man of Honour
You missed a connector or something is loose would be my suggestion, have you tried with absolute minimum of devices yet? The PC starts up with all fans but doesn't POST beep right?

Permabanned
OP
Tetras said:
Huh? Black/blue what eh?
Lol sorry... 2 hiper psu's kickin about and currently using the blue one. Thought i'd try replacing each power cable one at a time from the ones i have from the black hiper and the pc suddenly sprang into life when i swapped the atx cables around.

Back
Top Bottom