I'm using a Kryosheet

Soldato
Thought I would try one on my 13900k

Fitting it is easy but frustrating. It slides very easily so when putting the cooler on if I moved the cooler sideways slightly I got scared and had to take the cooler back off to make sure the sheet hadn't moved. Sometimes it had and sometimes it hadn't so was really hit & miss. Ended up giving up and just hoping it wouldn't move. I don't think it did because on my final attempt I don't recall any movement from the cooler, but there is no way to tell so just hoping. In this regard paste is better, but I pressed on all the same. I'm using a Thermalright contact frame instead of the stock Intel CPU holder so as far as I am aware there is no worry about the kryosheet's conductivity as it won't be able to reach down to any components.

Previously I was using Kryonaut and I'm noticing a difference of about 7c-8c when I'm stressing my CPU to the max for a long period of time (video encoding). I checked my CPU temps after 4hrs and 13hrs of full 100% load and the temps were not even in the 80s. When using Kryonaut my temps were hitting up to 87c. It'll be interesting to see if the temps raise over time or if the claim that the kryosheet doesn't wear out are true. So far I'm impressed :)

Is anyone else using one?

Soldato
Thought I would try one on my 13900k

Fitting it is easy but frustrating. It slides very easily so when putting the cooler on if I moved the cooler sideways slightly I got scared and had to take the cooler back off to make sure the sheet hadn't moved. Sometimes it had and sometimes it hadn't so was really hit & miss. Ended up giving up and just hoping it wouldn't move. I don't think it did because on my final attempt I don't recall any movement from the cooler, but there is no way to tell so just hoping. In this regard paste is better, but I pressed on all the same. I'm using a Thermalright contact frame instead of the stock Intel CPU holder so as far as I am aware there is no worry about the kryosheet's conductivity as it won't be able to reach down to any components.

Previously I was using Kryonaut and I'm noticing a difference of about 7c-8c when I'm stressing my CPU to the max for a long period of time (video encoding). I checked my CPU temps after 4hrs and 13hrs of full 100% load and the temps were not even in the 80s. When using Kryonaut my temps were hitting up to 87c. It'll be interesting to see if the temps raise over time or if the claim that the kryosheet doesn't wear out are true. So far I'm impressed :)

Is anyone else using one?
So your saying the Kryosheet is 7-8c cooler than Kryonaut? Thats interesting because all reviews I've seen have placed the Kryosheet atleast a few degrees behind Kryonaut. How long ago was the Kryonaut installed?

Soldato
Kryosheet on my razer 16’ improved temps by upto 9c on the hottest cores on the CPU (13950HX). GPU around 5c.

That might have more to do with the uneven surface of the vapour chamber but I definitely see a use case.

Was using PTM previously, gpu temps were similar.

Soldato
OP
So your saying the Kryosheet is 7-8c cooler than Kryonaut? Thats interesting because all reviews I've seen have placed the Kryosheet atleast a few degrees behind Kryonaut. How long ago was the Kryonaut installed?

Since a few weeks after the 13900k was released.
My 13900k has always gone into the mid-high 80s while encoding and this is the first time it hasn't

Associate
Kryosheet probably removes user variable. So if you have high skill in applying thermal paste Kryonaut will perform similarly(I dont like it, it performs only for a year and is unusable on bare die/gpu due to pump out), but for average user Kryosheet will perform better.

Soldato
Since a few weeks after the 13900k was released.
My 13900k has always gone into the mid-high 80s while encoding and this is the first time it hasn't
Oh ok, thought maybe the Kryonaut could have degraded over time.

Kryosheet probably removes user variable. So if you have high skill in applying thermal paste Kryonaut will perform similarly(I dont like it, it performs only for a year and is unusable on bare die/gpu due to pump out), but for average user Kryosheet will perform better.
Thats a good point. I'm using Kryonaut at the moment for the first time. I have it on both my 5800X3D and 7900XT. It was applied in August and haven't noticed a lack of performance yet so I don't think I've had any pump out so far. Don't think I would bother buying it again though, no really worth the cost for the small amount you get. I plan on giving MX6 a try next

Associate
Oh ok, thought maybe the Kryonaut could have degraded over time.

Thats a good point. I'm using Kryonaut at the moment for the first time. I have it on both my 5800X3D and 7900XT. It was applied in August and haven't noticed a lack of performance yet so I don't think I've had any pump out so far. Don't think I would bother buying it again though, no really worth the cost for the small amount you get. I plan on giving MX6 a try next
Yeah I find Kryonaut to be overpriced and not worth it. I have moved on to PTM7950 now, but previously I was using Thermalright TFX for bare dies - its extremely viscous, so not subject to pump out.
But hey - if it works for you for now, no reason to change :)

Last edited:
Associate
im using a combination of kryosheet and the Direct die mount from thermal grizzly, had a 19degree temp drop at peak usage with stress testing for a few hours. That temp drop is both overall and hotspots as well, the hotspot delta also dropped to 13 from 18 degrees.

Will be installing on the 7900xtx in the coming week or so when I install the waterblock

Soldato
I'm in two minds to try this as I'm a old school paste guy, is it that good I'm running a 13900ks p core 5.5ghz e core 4.0ghz on a artic freezer 2 420mm idle 26c gaming 35c odd thermal grizzly kryonaut.

Associate
If the Kryosheet is too expensive, do the alternatives perform similarly? I might give these a go next time I do loop maintenance or upgrade (whichever comes first!).

Associate
Now installed on the 7900xtx Sapphire Nitro+ along with the 5800x3d in both cases installation is easy just dont move stuff about unnecessarily. The ability to avoid pump out and reuse is why I went with it. And so far no issues and impressive results. with the gpu and waterblock I have also got a 14 degree temp hotspot temperature drop and global also similar temp drops.

This is due to waterblock and kryosheet but both are impressive and very much recommended.

Soldato
I would be a bit too scared to use cryosheet with bare die - its electrically conductive

Ryzen or Intel ? with ryzen, if you buy the TG DD waterblock, he provides an extra piece to protect the rest of the CPU from the kryosheet, I dont know if you can buy that piece separately or not, he calls it the Insulation sheet, but I tried the kryosheet ages ago when it first came out, if you are de-lidded then dont waste your time, Conductonaught extreme is better, idles were OK with the kryosheet but loads were rubbish.

Last edited:
Associate
Ryzen or Intel ? with ryzen, if you buy the TG DD waterblock, he provides an extra piece to protect the rest of the CPU from the kryosheet, I dont know if you can buy that piece separately or not, he calls it the Insulation sheet, but I tried the kryosheet ages ago when it first came out, if you are de-lidded then dont waste your time, Conductonaught extreme is better, idles were OK with the kryosheet but loads were rubbish.
I meant Tobywon - he used it on Radeon bare die. CPUs are fine :)

Soldato
I meant Tobywon - he used it on Radeon bare die. CPUs are fine :)
Ahh, now it wouldnt bother me in the slightest using it on a GPU, id just cover any surrounding SMDs in nail polish if there was any, ive not taken a GPU apart for years so dont know if they have tiny capacitors surrounding the cores anymore or not, they are designed to go on bare die's, youve just got to be careful of anything nearby and make sure you buy the correct size sheet, they say they can be cut down to size, but with how it felt in hand I wouldnt like to try, it felt like it would break up and fall apart quite easy if you tried to cut it.

Last edited:
Associate
Ahh, now it wouldnt bother me in the slightest using it on a GPU, id just cover any surrounding SMDs in nail polish if there was any, ive not taken a GPU apart for years so dont know if they have tiny capacitors surrounding the cores anymore or not.
Lots of them. Problem with nail polish is you lose warranty, so its a no go for me.

Back
Top Bottom