Image Sorting / Syncing

Soldato
Hi guys,

I've got a mild case of OCD which has generally meant I've organised my entire life manually. Tag&Rename was a game changer to me about 15 years ago when I was manually tagging MP3s as an example. The latest dilemma I'm about 10 years late to solve is image management.

I have kept on top of copying images from my mobile to OneDrive but about 12 months have flown by and I've lost track.

Is there an easy way to view duplicate images/ones I haven't copied into albums? I've tried WinMerge but its far too technical. Is Google Picasa right for me?

Edit: I plan to format the microSD card, encrypt it, and turn on Camera Roll or similar going forwards :)

Soldato
I've used Duplicate File Searcher 2.2 in the past which is a cool little Java program. It's quite hard to find but is quite cool even if it does take a while to scan through large folders. I liked using this in a previous job as it was network aware so I could run it from my PC and point it at various network drives as I just couldn't be sure how many duplicates of photos there were across multiple network drives and I knew that there would be multiple copies of the same files with several different names.

I've just tried Duplicate & Same Files Searcher and copied a photo in my Dropbox and renamed it. it found both the original and copy instantly so it can compare files not just on filenames but also original creation date or perhaps the byte for byte content.

Back
Top Bottom