Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

I'm not the one making the silly claims

Just what exactly is the danger where you need hearing to ride a bike ? The shrieks from wild birds coming to peck your eyes out ? Random strangers running after you to either mug you up or murder you ?

Vehicles approaching from behind.
Faster cyclists approaching from behind using their voice or bell to signal.
Emergency vehicles.

gJgAJQ2.jpg.png

Bought a Japanese whetstone set to replace my King 1000/6000 combination stone. The combination stone is great, but it's only 50mm wide, so not big enough for plane irons and large knives.

If anyone can read Japanese and tell me what it says on the stone on the right that would be awesome as the seller didn't know what grit level it is. I'm pretty sure it's 6000g, which is perfect as I have no need to go beyond that. If I knew it was definitely a 6000g I'd buy a 4000g to use between that and the 1200g as that's quite a big gap in grit levels.

Just need to get hold of some leather now to make a proper strop.

Because it impacts your road positioning...
Seriously, you don't even need to have actually ridden a bike to understand this. Well...most people don't. You clearly haven't and don't grasp it.

Oh you're one of those cyclists who ride bang in the middle of the road ?

explains a lot

Hmm...nope, doesn't explain why you can't understand simple things.
Oh well, best of luck getting your shoes on properly tomorrow morning!

What's to understand, cyclists ride a foot or 2 from the kerb, if road is busy you ride a little closer depending how paranoid you are, you don't need ears to know a road is busy, you can use your eyes, even with my ears working I still look behind if I'm moving past an obstruction like a parked car or turning, not hearing would not make my cycles any more dangerous

So unless you're riding in the middle of the road, then there should be relatively little change in your road positioning, so it seems it's only you who would be at risk when wearing earbuds :)

What's to understand, cyclists ride a foot or 2 from the kerb, if road is busy you ride a little closer depending how paranoid you are, you don't need ears to know a road is busy, you can use your eyes, even with my ears working I still look behind if I'm moving past an obstruction like a parked car or turning, not hearing would not make my cycles any more dangerous

So unless you're riding in the middle of the road, then there should be relatively little change in your road positioning, so it seems it's only you who would be at risk when wearing earbuds :)

You're working on many incorrect assumptions there. But given the epic level of intelligence you've expressed so far it's to be expected. Like I say, good luck with that Velcro tomorrow kiddo!

It’s not to do with grit level, none of the words have numbers on them. (I can’t read Japanese but some Chinese and they share the same writing for numbers)
Thanks, yeah I had a feeling it wouldn't be that easy. I looked up Japanese numbers and couldn't see anything similar on the stone. I think the colour might be the best indication and this looks to be a similar colour to my 6000 combination stone, with the 4000 being more of a light green and the 8000 being whiter in colour. I'll have to give them a try and compare results with my current 6000 stone.

gJgAJQ2.jpg.png

Bought a Japanese whetstone set to replace my King 1000/6000 combination stone. The combination stone is great, but it's only 50mm wide, so not big enough for plane irons and large knives.

If anyone can read Japanese and tell me what it says on the stone on the right that would be awesome as the seller didn't know what grit level it is. I'm pretty sure it's 6000g, which is perfect as I have no need to go beyond that. If I knew it was definitely a 6000g I'd buy a 4000g to use between that and the 1200g as that's quite a big gap in grit levels.

Just need to get hold of some leather now to make a proper strop.

You seen this YouTube channel?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg3qsVzHeUt5_cPpcRtoaJQ

My LG Blu-ray drive BH16NS40 which i've had for a few years died so got myself a Pioneer BDR-209DBK which gives the same speeds ripping Blu-rays

11111.jpg

Thanks, yeah I had a feeling it wouldn't be that easy. I looked up Japanese numbers and couldn't see anything similar on the stone. I think the colour might be the best indication and this looks to be a similar colour to my 6000 combination stone, with the 4000 being more of a light green and the 8000 being whiter in colour. I'll have to give them a try and compare results with my current 6000 stone.

Google translate says: This face is not finished, so I can not use it

Wow, that's quite a price. Listed building? I think i'd have bought one tin then got it colour matched in something a lot cheaper, like Johnstones.

Back
Top Bottom