Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Looks like I've kick-started a pi-hole trend :)

I've had a Pi 2 kicking around gathering dust for ages. I think I'm going to set it up as a Pi-hole. About half the pages I open nowadays have full page ads that take about 10 seconds before you can close them and then the page is full of ads and autoplay videos. I understand that websites rely on advertising to allow them to provide "free" content but, when there are so many ads that people immediately leave the page, they're not doing themselves any favours. From what I've read, it seems easy enough to create a whitelist for responsible sites.

From what I've read, it seems easy enough to create a whitelist for responsible sites.

You can't really do that as Pi-Hole is an IP based blocker.
If you whitelist an ad provider then a responsible site may show one advert from there, but you have also then allowed the irresponsible site to show a bajillion adverts from the same provider.

I've had to settle for running Pi-Hole in a VM cos I can't find any SD cards for my long dormant PI 1. I could have sworn I had ton of 2GB cards ages ago from old phones, but can I find one now? They must have gone to meet their pals in Biro heaven.... :(

Nate

How does Pi-Hole work with cashback sites like TCB/Quidco? With uBlock origin, I whitelist merchant sites that I am expecting to clickthrough from TCB/Quidco in order to get my purchase tracked, otherwise the tracking doesn't work properly.

Bought myself some goodies to play with :D

Raspberry Pi 3 B
BW4f2G1.jpg

After seeing it in this thread a few posts back, it got me curious. After a bit of research, and seeing what could be done with it, I took the punt and bought a little starter pack. Included the NOOBS card, power supply and case :D

Corsair K70 RGB
4Wv0SzL.jpg

Have been really thinking about upgrading my keyboard and mouse for a while, and after seeing it on offer on OcUK, I decided to go for it :D Been playing around with the lights for a bit - can't see me changing it much after I've got it perfect though :p It's my first mechanical keyboard - The sound is amazing :p :D

Corsair Sabre
tpSc9P1.jpg

I ordered the keyboard, and straight after, saw this mouse was on offer... I couldn't resist :p Glides over my OcUK mat really nicely :p

EM0CXEd.jpg

Got a replacement after my last one I got in January suffered a massive crack on the final day of the season. Quick email to the batmaker who is based in the UK and he had no problem making a new one after seeing the damage.

You really can't beat it when you get exceptional customer service

advent-20161101-211819.jpg

I wanted a Lindt one last year and started looking in the middle of November, only to find they'd all sold. Went into Tesco this evening and they only had a couple left so I grabbed one.

Are these actually any good? I've been thinking about getting one for a while.

Yes they are excellent, but be warned.

The missus will have you cleaning the inside of the windows and mirrors.

Before hand I was a man unable to clean glass without streaks now am screwed. :(

Purchase at your peril! :D

A few bits!, i bought the plasti dip stuff so i could spray the XSPC radiator stand because i thought it was going to be Silver, turns out i don't need to bother now.

Back
Top Bottom