Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Nice one, I've been thinking about getting something similar. With everything being at the touch of a button nowadays, I miss getting up off the sofa and physically putting a film in to watch. Feels like more of an occasion.
Absolutely understand that feeling :) also with a lot going digital/on demand platforms now sure its good starts straight away etc but if your internet goes south your not in for a great time, I'd much prefer to buy used Blurays, Chuck it in and off you go.

I wasn't actually going to have that particular player,I went to get a very similar Panasonic model,But they had none so ended up with this Sony,I like that its more compact of a unit compared to the others on show too, Probably because they've put the PSU for it externally, Which I don't mind at all, and actually prefer because if it dies its easily replaceable vs power supply built-in.

Some clarification

In March he mentioned he would like a gaming PC for Christmas.
We said it was very expensive but if he worked hard at school, football and did some chores at home then it could be possible. He’s done all of that - feedback from his teachers and football academy coach have been amazing, so this is his reward.

If rewards like this mean he’s achieving his goals and winning at life them I’m all for it :)

Then lockdown happened.
From March to the start of September school was closed so he was at home with me, during this time I was under significant pressure at work (WFH), so he was alone for large parts of day whilst I worked.
I developed a Monday - Friday timetable so he had some structure and focus. He was amazing and I couldn’t have got through that period without his company and ability to just get on with his school work, learning and our short lunch outdoor breaks together.

The PS5 is a gift from me for his support during this time. He has no idea it’s coming, it’s so secret even my partner doesn’t know I’ve got it :)

This year has been very tough and life can be too short, so let’s enjoy it !!!

I got it all out of the garage so I could wrap it up, sorting it into ‘from us’ and ‘from Santa’ and just arranged it for a photo :)

None of us here can tell you how to spend your money, it's really up to you.

But I think it's right to be careful, what you are saying makes some sense in context, but as long as it's clear to your son that he'll still get nice presents even if he's not excelling that is important. Reward success but don't punish failure too hard.

Getting amazing grades or working hard is a pressure of it's own, you don't want to make the rewards for that be detrimental as a carrot on a stick. Childhood is really the one chance you get to have fun, working very hard comes a bit later in life.

Nothing can persuade me that £3K spend on 9Y for Christmas alone is an appropriate one though!

Last edited:
I can't wait to watch my little dude open all this on Christmas day.
It's been stressful getting some of it, the PS5 and NVIDIA 3070, but the only item I had to pay overs on was the X-Rocker Neo Motion LED Gaming chair. It was sold out everywhere so needed to resort to e-bay. (excluding the 3070 where OcUK added a little extra to the RRP :p)

50722706036_27c65443d1_b.jpg

I never realized the size of the Batwing. Damn! That'll be fun to see getting built.

@AndyCr15

Given how many phones you get through, are there any at a cheapish price point which include wireless charging? I fancy something better than my Iphone 8, but ideally don't want to spend much. My main thought is the Iphone SE, but wondered if there were any Chinese phones which would be better.

Hmm, not that I can remember (wireless charging) but there are LOADS of options around the iPhone SE price point and below, but I guess it depends what you're looking for? (Not many at that price with a camera as good as the SE)

Following on from my last failed attempt at hang something on the wall, finally got round buying and putting up the mantel over the burner.

I'll give it 3 days before it's cluttered with the wife's tat.

DSCF9237.jpg

Excellent.

I did a wine order with Tesco and surprised at their beer selection. A few double IPA's from the like of Pomona and Northern Monk. I do like this current trend of decent beer in supermarkets.

I've also seen a local Bargain Booze has started stocking some decent beers like Deya and Verdant too so need to make a trip over there.

Excellent.

I did a wine order with Tesco and surprised at their beer selection. A few double IPA's from the like of Pomona and Northern Monk. I do like this current trend of decent beer in supermarkets.

I've also seen a local Bargain Booze has started stocking some decent beers like Deya and Verdant too so need to make a trip over there.

Yea supermarket range has definitely got better over the last couple years. Not all of the new Tesco beers are that decent though, there's a few pretty good ones and quite a few average. I usually get the 2 for £9 offer 4-packs from Tesco then order the bigger beers direct from a bottle shop or brewery.

Vocation Life & Death is still by far the best beer available in a supermarket for me and at £9 for 8 cans you can't go wrong.

Weekend beers.

Also got some 4-pack pales and IPAs from Tesco as these are all 8%

50730144146_fb433f983a_c.jpg

Deya FTW! Never thought I'd see something like these when scrolling this thread!!

I need to pick up the Saturated in Galaxy, looking forward to trying that one!

Supermarket beers are getting very good lately, particularly Tesco. Some great IPAs, and even DIPAs too.

Deya FTW! Never thought I'd see something like these when scrolling this thread!!

I need to pick up the Saturated in Galaxy, looking forward to trying that one!

Supermarket beers are getting very good lately, particularly Tesco. Some great IPAs, and even DIPAs too.

Yep, Galaxy is my favourite hop so excited for that one. Nelson is my second favourite, which was in the last batch of 'Saturated in' from them, it was incredible.

Back
Top Bottom