Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

That looks great. Unfortunately I am not allowed to plug any peripherals into my laptop that don't come from work and I doubt that is one of the available ones.

Worth a try, our IT dish out Jabra conference speakers

Yeah random Chinese stuff being plugged into work laptops at our place wouldn't go down well. Great point though, I'll ask if we have an "official" Jabra conference speaker because I can't stand using those Jabra headsets.

Yeah random Chinese stuff being plugged into work laptops at our place wouldn't go down well. Great point though, I'll ask if we have an "official" Jabra conference speaker because I can't stand using those Jabra headsets.

I feel we may work in similar places. Im also going to guess that they may have an issue with these speaker phones incase people can hear the conversations. Though I should be given the benefit of doubt that i wouldn't use it if others could hear me.
Rule was relaxed re headsets though, you could use your own if it was audio jack but not usb

Yep most decent IT depts allow you to plug in devices like speakers/monitors/mics/headsets etc so worth checking!

i guess it picks up keyboard noise being omni, anyway to change pick up mode?

It will do yeah but I have a quiet keyboard so it's not a huge issue! In Windows settings for it there is an AGC mode that just amplifies the input gain though.

For work, so will be submitting a reimbursement, but still purchased.

Incredible speed, transferred a 6GB folder in just over 5 seconds :eek:

50738847508_112869bb63_c.jpg

Yep most decent IT depts allow you to plug in devices like speakers/monitors/mics/headsets etc so worth checking!

It will do yeah but I have a quiet keyboard so it's not a huge issue! In Windows settings for it there is an AGC mode that just amplifies the input gain though.

Sore subject that, thought I'd plug my laptop into my 30" monitor but no, cannot plug anything not from there in. Now I got to jump through some hoops to get one from work but even that's a ballache due to having to request access in advance and get approval.

How much are they roughly? I mean we live in a flat at the moment until house prices calm down and profitability resumes due to COVID but would love something like this.

Id just be going on to buy a house now...prices aren't going anywhere fast.

There will always be some sort of initiative to bolster the houses i.e. help2buy so this will continue to inflate the price of new houses.

People were saying exactly what you were saying 10 years ago when we bought our first house...prices have just kept rising and rising since!

Get your house and then get the shed :D

Id just be going on to buy a house now...prices aren't going anywhere fast.

There will always be some sort of initiative to bolster the houses i.e. help2buy so this will continue to inflate the price of new houses.

People were saying exactly what you were saying 10 years ago when we bought our first house...prices have just kept rising and rising since!

Get your house and then get the shed :D
Partners lost a lot of income due to COVID, my income has somewhat gone up, but bold business plans for next year which will make the house I go for from a flat to a 3 bed detached with my first time buyers stamp duty relief... I'll wait :p

I found out that even the signal that electrical cables emit can be used to get data, luckily they don't insist on taking shielded cables home too.
Ignoring the question of whether shielded cables actually do help with that sort of thing, if they are as concerned with protecting what you're working on as you seem to think, they'd require you to work on site. Given they don't, it can't be that sensitive.

Ignoring the question of whether shielded cables actually do help with that sort of thing, if they are as concerned with protecting what you're working on as you seem to think, they'd require you to work on site. Given they don't, it can't be that sensitive.

I don't "seem to think" anything, it was part of awareness training around security. You are correct though in that depending on the classification would dictate if I had to go on site. I'm not sure if working from home is an option for some roles.

Yeah I'd never heard of it either.

Emission security, or Emsec, refers to preventing a system being attacked using com-
promising emanations, namely conducted or radiated electromagnetic signals. It has
many aspects. Military organizations are greatly concerned with Tempest defenses,
which prevent the stray RF emitted by computers and other electronic equipment from
being picked up by an opponent and used to reconstruct the data being processed

Last edited:
I don't "seem to think" anything, it was part of awareness training around security. You are correct though in that depending on the classification would dictate if I had to go on site. I'm not sure if working from home is an option for some roles.

Yeah I'd never heard of it either.

I've very much heard of it. You can demonstrate this in an RF lab to an extent, but in a real world scenario... the threat would need to be so close with so much equipment I think EM emissions would the last thing you'd be thinking about.

I've very much heard of it. You can demonstrate this in an RF lab to an extent, but in a real world scenario... the threat would need to be so close with so much equipment I think EM emissions would the last thing you'd be thinking about.

Ah ok, interesting stuff. Guess it was just for awareness than worry about it at home!

Received this today, just trying it as it was on Prime but I normally buy biltong from a site called biltongdirect.

Back
Top Bottom