Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

I've been trying to buy one of these anker powercore batteries, but some geniuses decided in April that lithium batteries will explode unless they are inside a phone or laptop so I can't get them delivered to NI. Have to settle for whatever overpriced underpowered tat that I can buy in tesco/maplin. :(

I edited my post while you were typing it seems, you can bring them on planes but you can't get them shipped on a plane for some reason.

Ah I see. Yeah that's pretty weird. Although you can't post batteries either if they're not inserted into a device. So I just put them in a bigger box and say "!yes they are in a remote"

BS me post office, I will BS you. Heh.

Pretty scary stuff. The Anker product page boasts about a load of safety features designed to make it safe though. And like 10 million+ people use them. If they were prone to bursting into flames/exploding, wouldn't they be banned from sale?

Isn't it that lithium batteries can catch fire when shorted? Was a few cases of fires on cargo planes?

They can combust in very rare cases, normally it's as a result of leaving them on a charger, but it's the fact that you can ship them willy nilly as long as they are in something like a laptop, but just not on their own. For example I can order a laptop in its entirety and have it delivered with no issues, but I cant order a spare laptop battery on its own.

It's pretty much down to China and their sub standard cheap products ruining it for everyone.

Last edited:
They can combust in very rare cases, normally it's as a result of leaving them on a charger, but it's the fact that you can ship them willy nilly as long as they are in something like a laptop, but just not on their own. For example I can order a laptop in its entirety and have it delivered with no issues, but I cant order a spare laptop battery on its own.

Like I said it's the shorting of terminals that's the issue. Within the device it's less likely to happen.

I believe couriers will destroy packages with undeclared batteries. I think RM have it in their terms.

For what it's worth I dont know what problem they'd have with the Anker.

IMG_5978.jpg

Nice Vans them Spikey. Have a pair of DC's which are nigh on identical but may pick up some of those Vans as my DC's have greyed a bit when I banged them in the wash!

I have taken my Phantom 4 with extra batteries on the plane as hand luggage. No issue at all.

And lipos are far worse than Lithium Ion.

I am amazed airlines allow Lipo batteries onboard fullstop tbh.

Bearing in mind the explode in a massive fireball if damaged.

Which is why I always keep my batteries in Lipo fire bags except when in use.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom