Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
r7Pslf.jpg

More TimBits! :D

Two guys, one who worked for me and one i worked for just set up the first Tim Hortons franchise in the UK :)

Permabanned
They aren't cheap.

But the R500 are end of line now... replaced by the R510... so they're being sold off less than half price... I got this one for £230 brand new. Can get the R300s for about £180 and they have the same range and main tech, just no "AC" wifi that the R500 does.

I also needed a PoE switch/injector... I was able to get a Netgear 8 port gigabit switch, with 4 ports PoE for £65.

Was considering a second Ubiquiti - then I saw the EOL deals and couldn't resist... one AP for a good sized house and garden is quite impressive + no need to run a cable through/round/over the house.

Wifey's home office now gets 100mbit where it couldn't hold a connection at all with the Ubi. She's not bothered about being wired in like me.

Soldato
Depends on the wall. Generally they're pretty good but a double skin breeze block will kill most of it (as would most other ap).

Got a 700 kicking around and work, that thing is huge :D

Permabanned
thats not too bad considering what they are new. How's it managing walls ? much loss?
1-2 seems fine... any more and there's a bit of a drop off.

Ubiquiti starts a noticeable drop after the first.

I was introduced to them through work, done some side by side testing with Ubiquiti and Cisco & the Ruckus wipes the floor with both of them.

Associate
Snap. The noise cancellation on the tube and just general walkabout around town is incredible. Taking them off and hearing what they block is tiring.

My only annoyance is they were £315 but within six days they've dropped to £288.

If you got them on Amazon you can try getting the difference refunded. I have managed to do that a few times if it is within a reasonable time period.

Caporegime
How are you finding them so far? Tempted to get a pair to use around the house.

Not sure if I'll notice any increase in sound quality over my ATHM50 though? Should probably read up!

I didn't buy it to use round the house as I prefer speakers. I bought them for flights, even though I don't fly that often! Just my old pair of noise cancelling headphones are getting old in the tooth, must be 6 or 7 years old now and still headband is a bit tight round my ears. These are more over ear than on ear so much more comfortable.

Noise cancelling wise, it's not 100%. I can still hear people talking but background noise is 99% eliminated, on the plane it removes 95% of all sounds. The other thing that this headphone really shines are it's round pad feature, the ability to play, skip, pause, next, back, volume and even Siri with touching the right side ear cup is like magic. Not to mention if you cup over the ear it plays ambient sound instead into the ear cup, it also can answer phone calls too which is very odd at first.

Sounds quality, it's good, is it better than my HD600 or Momentum? I can't tell you because

1 - I have not tried it though any lossless or uncompressed sources like a CD.
2 - I don't use headphones at home which requires point 1 above.

Fp0gtdi.jpg

Soldato
Few recently purchased items since Sunday. Haven't had a Yankee Candle before and I hear good things about them. Also bought a much needed candle wick cutter and an illuma-lid I thought looked cool on sale.

cppR7HNl.jpg.png

Anyone have any recommendations for Yankee Candles?

Soldato
thats not too bad considering what they are new. How's it managing walls ? much loss?

Depends on the wall. Generally they're pretty good but a double skin breeze block will kill most of it (as would most other ap).

Got a 700 kicking around and work, that thing is huge :D

1-2 seems fine... any more and there's a bit of a drop off.

Ubiquiti starts a noticeable drop after the first.

I was introduced to them through work, done some side by side testing with Ubiquiti and Cisco & the Ruckus wipes the floor with both of them.

The Ruckus units are great, we deploy quite a few of the units at work and they've got a huge support team behind it, they seem to be leaving the ZoneDirector behind now and they'll begin to phase it out I believe in favour of their virtual environment. The R500 does come with BeamFlex+ I do believe which helps (adaptive antennas)

Soldato
Few recently purchased items since Sunday. Haven't had a Yankee Candle before and I hear good things about them. Also bought a much needed candle wick cutter and an illuma-lid I thought looked cool on sale.

cppR7HNl.jpg.png

Anyone have any recommendations for Yankee Candles?

Looks nice. I always want the one that's called something breeze. Why do you need a wick cutter?

Soldato
Looks nice. I always want the one that's called something breeze. Why do you need a wick cutter?

I have some large jar Liberty Candles and I struggle getting to the bottom of those to trim the wick, so having one of these makes it much easier. If you are wondering why I cut the wick, then it's because doing so is supposed to help the candle burn evenly.

Soldato
No end cutters in the house? Useful kit if you don't that aren't just useful for wicks.

Sadly not, they aren't anything I've ever needed to use. I was using nail clippers but the further down the candle goes, the harder it became to trim. The cutters are really nice though and work wonderfully. Although on my first cut, I did accidentally cut the wick too short... :o

Permabanned
The Ruckus units are great, we deploy quite a few of the units at work and they've got a huge support team behind it, they seem to be leaving the ZoneDirector behind now and they'll begin to phase it out I believe in favour of their virtual environment. The R500 does come with BeamFlex+ I do believe which helps (adaptive antennas)

Yes it does.

ZoneDirector depends on size of deployment, only needed for large ones now.

Up to 25 and you don't need zd or cloud thanks to unleashed unless you want the advanced features.

Back
Top Bottom