Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
7RscsL.jpg

t9yO9P.jpg

American goodies! :D

Caporegime
Where from?? I bet American sweets are a bit expensive, only thing I've had is Pop tarts.

On my first visit to the States when my friend went to fill up the car at a "gas" station, I took the opportunity to go inside the store to see, came out with a can of Mountain Dew and a packet of Pop Tarts.

Her face was a picture, "WTF!" is the expression you are looking for, I simply answered "I wanted some American foods!".

Us bloody brits....although to be fair, I should have said "junk food."

"if you want some proper american foods just tell me Raymond!" she says.

Caporegime
Where from?? I bet American sweets are a bit expensive, only thing I've had is Pop tarts.

You seen some of the "world foods" aisles in your local (big) supermarkets? Some of them have a massive yank selection. Where my wife works there's also a little stand which has pretty much every american sweet conceivable.

Soldato
Ten connectors arrived today, that's one fitted so just nine to go.

0fsWIF8.jpeg

Is that Broad-Pro or Ultraflex? I use Ultraflex 10 and it kinks far to easily for my liking and feels a bit soft, I've run pvc casing all the way along the garden just to keep it straight and protected. I can't see if N-type or 259 from the picture, I used 213 compression 259's I had lying around and drilled the centers, (I bought 10 from a rally cheaper than the price of 2 from lynch's). If they are N-Types and you've had to use proper plugs from Lynch's plugs then all I can say is OWCH.

Commissario
That's Ultraflex 7. I bought a run of 25m of Airborne 10 for my OCFD and then because I changed my feed point it wasn't long enough. The Airborne is a plastic outer so I'd describe it as bendable rather than flexible, much like H100 is.

To extend it, I grabbed 10m of Ultraflex 7 which I only used half of and the remaining 5m has been converted into patch leads. Because I don't do anything on VHF these days, PL259s are sufficient so they're all terminated with top-hat style compression PL259s.

I always check Wimo when I'm buying stuff and crazily, the cable is cheaper from Lynch but the connectors are cheaper from Wimo (and that's even taking shipping into consideration).

Back
Top Bottom