Images of items I have purchased (except trainers [no feet pics])

Soldato
Some shelves for the man cave :)

20160817_215620.jpg

Soldato
Indeed.

How on Earth are they legal to own? Certainly looks real enough.

It's legal to own real lethal guns for sport. If you really wanted you could buy an AK47 in this country so it's not surprising people are allowed pea shooters for airsoft though there are hurdles to jump for realistic imitation firearms. The most surprising thing is airsoft being taken seriously as a sport :p

Edit:
I may be wrong about the AK47 actually... I thought they were allowed but not at full capacity. Anyway - similar rifles are allowed.
Edit again:
No, I was right. You can own an straight pull AK47 with a firearms license and section 5 authority.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Base price is about £560 at the current exchange rate.

There are lots of modules to add-on though like various radiator mounts and so the total was £670.

But buying from the UK, you would be hit with 20% VAT too... so that would be £800.

I think it's a bit cheaper if you order from the manufacturer in the USA... but they have a 2+ month lead time at the moment. I ordered from their EU supplier who were able to ship straight away :)

Soldato
Is the bottom pic of the same gun, looks good. Is it deactivated or replica, just wondering why faulty magazine matters I guess people want the action to work. I wouldnt know, I just recognise it from csgo :o Saw a vid of a full automatic version which nyc police may or may not have available

Yeah same gun just the paint work was scratched up after some years of use from previous owner.
The magazine for it was broken but can order new one for £20.

You can own real working pistols in the uk but not like it was years ago.
Now mostly black powder or long barrel versions.

Soldato
Nice card Spikey, seriously trying to show restraint and keep hold of my 980 and wait until Volta, but those Amp Extreme look the biz :).

Anyway need to get this lot installed sharpish before swmbo gets home :D.

These new Maglevs from Corsair are seriously weighty.

vR2b4zx.jpg

Images wider than 1280 pixels should be resized or placed in spoiler tags.

It's a really impressive card. Keeps cool and I can't hear the fans over my case ones. Huge card but I'm a Zotac fan and their cooling is second to none.

Caporegime

There are lots of modules to add-on though like various radiator mounts and so the total was £670.

But buying from the UK, you would be hit with 20% VAT too... so that would be £800.

I think it's a bit cheaper if you order from the manufacturer in the USA... but they have a 2+ month lead time at the moment. I ordered from their EU supplier who were able to ship straight away :)

Is it made out of titanium or something?!

Caporegime

And that is why I don't miss building custom PC's :p

Last custom case I bought was a Coolermaster 201 Black Widow and back in the day (over 10 years ago now) that cost me £120! Everyone thought I was nuts spending that money on a box/case!

Still, enjoy it. Looks excellent :)

Soldato
My H110i AIO cooler's pump decided to start dying to ordered a new chassis to replace the H440 Hot box and the Noctua NH D15S. Sadly the cooler and extra fan hasn't arrived yet, but the new chassis has.

Seems the pets like it.

Smxw2hE.jpg

Permabanned
Is it made out of titanium or something?!

All high grade aluminium.

Made in the states which pushes the price up somewhat rather than most things being made in China/Taiwan now.

I do like that PC case, but £560?? Wow!

Thought my TJ09 was expensive at £200 years ago when I bought it.

At least a good case doesn't need upgrading every year :)

Yeah - quite pricey.

I was going to go for something like the Parvum L1.0 but that was relatively pricey too and I realised that with the Acrylic construction... it may not see too many rebuilds or moving around too much.

This case... the build quality is awesome... I can see it lasting many years. Even when I was assembling it, the screwdriver slipped and went across the surface. With every other case I've ever had... there's no doubt that it would have scratched the paint. On this case, not a mark.

It also has enough space that I can do quite a few different style of projects in it and can't conceive ever needing more cooling capacity... I'm fitting 1x 560mm rad, 2x 280mm rads & 1x 480mm rad.

It can fit a bit more... it's possible to put 2x 560mm rads in the bottom but I thought PSU location might be a bit of an issue with that much rad. It can also handle a 420mm rad in the front. But again, that might interfere with either the top 480 or bottom 560.

Worth every penny imo. I've seen one in the flesh (or metal) and the build quality is great. It'll definitely be the case for my next build.

Yup... awesome build quality... very happy with it.

Surprisingly light too... with all the same things inside, despite its increased size - it is noticeably lighter than the much smaller BeQuiet Base 800

And that is why I don't miss building custom PC's :p

Last custom case I bought was a Coolermaster 201 Black Widow and back in the day (over 10 years ago now) that cost me £120! Everyone thought I was nuts spending that money on a box/case!

Still, enjoy it. Looks excellent :)

The most expensive case I've bought previously was for my last project... an InWin 909... other than that, I don't recall ever spending over £200 on a case.

First build in it... didn't fancy waiting for all the WC parts to arrive:

28947146162_3971ae1bdd_b.jpg

Everything's noticeably cooler than the BeQuiet case too.

Last edited:
Associate
My H110i AIO cooler's pump decided to start dying to ordered a new chassis to replace the H440 Hot box and the Noctua NH D15S. Sadly the cooler and extra fan hasn't arrived yet, but the new chassis has.

Seems the pets like it.

Bought one myself recently, lovely case - don't forget to get the internal lighting extension too :)

Back
Top Bottom